No announcement yet.

Boxing History Debate Contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I would nominate Joeandthebums and Bundana as judges. Both impartial and very knowledeable.
    Thanks, Bat! I appreciate the confidence you have in me - but I'm afraid, I will have to decline the offer! I'm not sure, I would be able (no matter how hard I tried!) to be completely impartial.

As far as joeandthebums is concerned - he would also be my choice!

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      i have already ruled myself out, due to the headless chickens who infest this site like yourself. Who know very little about boxing or debating for that matter.
      That's a shame and hopefully you'll reconsider and take part in some form.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I would nominate Joeandthebums and Bundana as judges. Both impartial and very knowledeable.
      Originally posted by Bundana View Post
      Thanks, Bat! I appreciate the confidence you have in me - but I'm afraid, I will have to decline the offer! I'm not sure, I would be able (no matter how hard I tried!) to be completely impartial.

As far as joeandthebums is concerned - he would also be my choice!
      Thanks for the nominations, I'm happy to be part of the judging but won't take part in the contest as I'll be setting the questions.

If you don't want to judge would you like to be in the contest Bundana?

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
      No problem, pm me when/if it gets up and running
      If it does I will do thanks.

--

At present only one member joined the contest;

stephenmc

And two to judge;

myself and stephenmc.

Would still need seven more for the contest and at least two more to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        That's a shame and hopefully you'll reconsider and take part in some form.

Thanks for the nominations, I'm happy to be part of the judging but won't take part in the contest as I'll be setting the questions.

If it does I will do thanks.

--

At present only one member joined the contest;

stephenmc

And two to judge;

myself and stephenmc.

Would still need seven more for the contest and at least two more to judge.
        I will join at any level unless I find the question not of interest. I would not be qualified or inspired to debate the example question, for instance, though I could be part of the voting.

Comment

I would judge if allowed... I'm impartial

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              i have already ruled myself out, due to the headless chickens who infest this site like yourself. Who know very little about boxing or debating for that matter.
              Synapse power keeps any place going, my dear Sonny. If you want this thing to work you are going to have to participate. It takes a large cast and crew to get it off the ground as proposed.

Save your synapse power for the debate, because I nominate you as one of the debaters. With all of us headless chickens about, you will need to rescue the position, rather than recuse yourself from it. Think about it, 'ol boy. You owe it to the site, to yourself, to the other members. As one of the cheif haunts of the place, who else do you think we should listen to? The length, frequency and passion of your posts suggests no other so confident in their many assertions.

Quit squalling and get involved. Unless you are saving all that synapse power for your thumb on the voting button.
              Last edited by The Old LefHook; 04-18-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
                Thanks for the invite - but I would prefer to just be an interested bystander.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  I will join at any level unless I find the question not of interest. I would not be qualified or inspired to debate the example question, for instance, though I could be part of the voting.
                  I'll put you down for judging then, thanks.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I would judge if allowed... I'm impartial
                  Added.

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  Count me in
                  Thanks.

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                  Thanks for the invite - but I would prefer to just be an interested bystander.
                  Okay not a problem.

--

Participants; stephenmc and NChristo.

Judges; myself, stephenmc, The Old LefHook and Sugar Adam Ali.

Comment

I don't know what you guys are debating...I don't know any posters on a personal level other than the knuckle heads but really one in Elroy,who truthfully I think is the only legit guy on this site other than joe,stephen and a few others that I don't remember off hand...no offense......I would recommend though I don't know this poster...New England.

I could tell you certainly not who to be a judge the obvious one already posted here....
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-18-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      I don't know what you guys are debating...I don't know any posters on a personal level other than the knuckle heads but really one in Elroy,who truthfully I think is the only legit guy on this site other than joe,stephen and a few others that I don't remember off hand...no offense......I would recommend though I don't know this poster...New England.

I could tell you certainly not who to be a judge the obvious one already posted here....
                      The same Elroy who said that Alex Lepai would KO Ali and Derrick Chisora would KO "featherfisted" Joe Frazier?

Yeah, he's credible.

Comment

Working...
                      X