No announcement yet.

The most accurate punchers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most accurate punchers?

Watching Pep I was intrigued at how accurate his punches were. It seemed like every punch in the combo caught Saddler...amazing display evrn in losing the fight.

Who are some guys who had lasers for fists? as opposed to bricks? The two are not multually exclusive either....Liston was very accurate in his combos! Who makes your list? or for us non-list guys....what fighter(s) do you see accuracy with a capital A?

i was always impressed with the accuracy with both barrera and tito.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      i was always impressed with the accuracy with both barrera and tito.
      Yeah...Marquez had some incredible counters that seemed to be very accurate along with his countryman Barrera. Tito indeed. Cotto who I consider equally great never had that same accuracy but was a very accurate body puncher non-the-less.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Yeah...Marquez had some incredible counters that seemed to be very accurate along with his countryman Barrera. Tito indeed. Cotto who I consider equally great never had that same accuracy but was a very accurate body puncher non-the-less.
        i swear that one time i saw Jcc Jr in a fight where his connect percentage was some around the 70% mark.

Comment

Lennox Lewis, threw sparingly but accurately.

Ali for sure, especially when he was young.

Gotta give it to Mayweather too.

Chavez, watching his fights from the 80s, not only was he strong, he could place em too

Comment

I'm always amazed watching films of Joe Louis' accuracy.

Comment

floyd mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I'm always amazed watching films of Joe Louis' accuracy.

this is a good shout. brutal combinations, counters, shots in exchanges.

i always felt that hearns had tremendous accuracy for such a long fighter. great body puncher, great left hook, and obviously one of the best right hands of all time.

Comment

lots of people think he was just a dude with dynamite in his hands, and he did have dynamite in his hands. julian jackson had incredible timing on offense. incredible. he'd pick the exact spot to throw, knowing when your gloves would leave your face, and you'd wake up on the canvas with a headache.

watched his first fight with mcclellan recently, and the G man was very accurate himself with the long right hand, and the left hook to the liver.

two great, great offensive fighters.

Comment

Pep, B. Leonard, Tunney, Louis, Robinson, Charles, Marciano, S. Sanchez, C. Zarate', R. Leonard, Hagler, M. Spinks
                    there's a few, lunch time....................

Comment

Working...
                    X