No announcement yet.

The most accurate punchers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Watching Pep I was intrigued at how accurate his punches were. It seemed like every punch in the combo caught Saddler...amazing display evrn in losing the fight.

Who are some guys who had lasers for fists? as opposed to bricks? The two are not multually exclusive either....Liston was very accurate in his combos! Who makes your list? or for us non-list guys....what fighter(s) do you see accuracy with a capital A?
    When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Liston! I like the calm, controlled way he went about his business... waisting few punches, and landing right on target with most of them. Especially in the 2nd Williams fight he looks very impressive, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
      When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Liston! I like the calm, controlled way he went about his business... waisting few punches, and landing right on target with most of them. Especially in the 2nd Williams fight he looks very impressive, IMO.
      Especially when he was "finishing!" A lot of guys get crazy when they try to finish, Liston was very conscious of distance and making sure he was accurte.

Comment

I thought Ward in the Dawson fight was very accurate... He kept setting up for that KO left he threw and was on the money.

Can a body puncher be "accurate" the same way that a guy who punches to the head can?

Comment

Benny Leonard, Ray Leonard, Willie Pep and Gene Tunney.

Comment

Benny Leonard, Ray Leonard, Willie Pep, Gene Tunney and Joe Ganz.

Comment

Donald Curry, in his short prime, was as sharp and accurate as you can get.

Comment

Joe Louis comes to mind along with Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera. Mr Mayweather is another

Comment

You gotta love Arguello's timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolo Punch View Post
                    You gotta love Arguello's timing.
                    The way he timed Mancini....

Comment

Right through the amateurs and for a good deal of his pro career Kostya Tszyu was extremely accurate.

As is often the case - age took a hefty bite out of Tszyu's fitness, agility and most importantly - rhythm.

Like all naturally gifted boxers - Kostya's power was a function of timing. And timing is a product of rhythm.

Fortunately he was adaptable enough to offset the timing shortfall with raw strength training and so he retained a KO threat to the end. But for most of his career Tszyu peppered his opponents with a craftsmen's fluency and deadly precision. He certainly didn't need blunt force trauma to win by stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X