No announcement yet.

would the result of hearns leonard 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    But Hearns himself never did. Like Ray Corso said, Hearns almost never truly recovered after getting hurt, and he had taken quite a bit of punishment in a grueling fight leading up to that stoppage.
    so the ref must of been psychic or Nostradamus because up to that point Hearns had never lost a fight for the ref to know he could not recover

Comment

Hearns was ahead on all three cards by a few points.
      The ref was Davey Pearl an outstanding ref that worked a few bouts I worked in and I thought he was fare to inside guys and outside guys. If one hand was free he'd let the fighter work, not like the ref's today who are amateur style ref's!

I watched that fight on closed circuit while working a live show at the Hartford C.C. I thought it was very close at the time it was stopped but Ray was pressing and doing better. Hearns was beginning to fade a bit and Dundee called on his experience to get Ray to do more. He did!
      nite boys, someone shut the lights, sparring starts on Sat at 11am. Ray.

Comment

I feel like if they were both prime, than Ray would find some way to win,,

Ray was a master at finding ways to win.
        Outboxed Duran in the rematch
        Stealing rds vs hagler
        Becoming an aggressor vs Benitez
        Out-countering a tricky guy like kalule
        Out brawling hearns..

Ray's best trait was his will to win no matter what he had to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I feel like if they were both prime, than Ray would find some way to win,,

Ray was a master at finding ways to win.
          Outboxed Duran in the rematch
          Stealing rds vs hagler
          Becoming an aggressor vs Benitez
          Out-countering a tricky guy like kalule
          Out brawling hearns..

Ray's best trait was his will to win no matter what he had to do..
          Then he must of paid the judges to win the rematch on points because everybody else saw him lose that fight

Edit: hahaha I respect SRL now I`m just having some fun but he should of lost the rematch and I will go to my grave still thinking the ref stopped the first one too soon
          Last edited by U_TALKING_2_ME?; 07-25-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
            Then he must of paid the judges to win the rematch on points because everybody else saw him lose that fight
            That was past prime Leonard... I'm talking about prime Leonard for the most part and the hagler fight..

Vs hearns 2 I don't think a draw is a bad decision.. People get swept up in the 2 knockdowns but don't realize that a lot of rounds Ray was bombing on hearns..
            I think it was a close fight, no robbery

Comment

leonard himself agrees with you

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                That was past prime Leonard... I'm talking about prime Leonard for the most part and the hagler fight..

Vs hearns 2 I don't think a draw is a bad decision.. People get swept up in the 2 knockdowns but don't realize that a lot of rounds Ray was bombing on hearns..
                I think it was a close fight, no robbery
                I dont think The Hitman got robbed robbed but he won the rematch, hell even Ray himself said he lost that one when they were together in an interview many years later.

I gotta respect that

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  leonard himself agrees with you
                  Exactly! I am glad I am not the only one who saw that interview

Comment

Edit: hahaha I respect SRL now I`m just having some fun but he should of lost the rematch and I will go to my grave still thinking the ref stopped the first one too soon
                    Ok, you're just a hater. I should have ignored you from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      Ok, you're just a hater. I should have ignored you from the start.
                      What?

You replied to me first, and I answered you back.

Hater? Sorry I`m no kid as I stated I respect SRL but that still does not change the fact that imo the ref stopped the first fight to soon and Ray himself said he lost the second

Hater? This is not NSB my friend this is the adult section

Comment

Working...
                      X