No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    R. Stokes referring to me as stupid and ignorant sums up who you are! You insult someone over a keyboard and in the safety of your home, not much of a man sonny.
    Tony was passed his prime when Wilfred met him and it wasn't a wash it was fairly competitive considering Tony's situation.
    You are conversing with someone who knows many of these individuals personally and has worked in the business for the majority of my adult life!
    As I said I'm not selling you a damn thing but your opinion would have more credence if you had some credentials in the sport.
    Did you box?
    Do you own a gym?
    What promotion have you worked with?
    What states were/are you licensed in?

I could go on & on and your answers would be NONE!
    So sonny shut the lights and mop the floor and use the pine sol because the gym is closed tomorrow, REASON! Everyone is tired of hearing your bull ****!!!

When you want to insult a man try it in person it has more validity and you'll come across a bit more genuine instead of looking like a lil kid! nite junior, Ray.
    ray prove ur real, if you claim to be someone impressive in the sport why cant i google you?

what gym did u work at? who did u train? I've asked u before with no responses, I'm asking you again

Comment

Top fifteen Welterweight.

Comment

I don't have a list at the moment, but I'd reckon somewhere about 20. Wouldn't argue if others placed him a bit higher or lower.

Comment

I only draw up rankings in serious surroundings such as pubs.

Beyond that Leonard was a once-in-a-generation fighter. Like many I initially doubted whether a guy who spent more time looking in the mirror than my wife could back it up when the whistle sounded and he had to haul ass out of the trenches and onto enemy gunfire.

The true test of a champion's character comes in that dizzying, awful moment when time stands still and a lifetime's unshakeable confidence in your own god-given badass invulnerability melts away like ice-cream on hot tarmac and you KNOW the guy opposite has you beat in every conceivable way.

The reason I use Chris Eubank as an avatar is because he is the only champ I know of who chose to talk about this experience (which, understandably, others consider too private) and he did so with such eloquence that for the first time I understood the horror and reached a deeper understanding of the word "Champ".

Leonard faced down that horror many times against some of the best opposition any of us will see in our lifetimes and, like Eubank (who doesn't compare in terms of skill but shared the same champion heart), he abandoned his defeated ego, blocked out the screams of every battered cell in his defeated body and impossibly found a way to win.

Fighters like such exist beyond silly rankings, alphabet belts and massaged resumes. You either are such or you aren't and if you are it don't matter how many others stand alongside you because belonging is the ultimate accolade.

Comment

Working...
          X