No announcement yet.

Prime Ali vs Prime Marciano: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Mask View Post
    While Marciano is by no means a one-dimensional slugger, I have a hard time seeing him keeping up with Ali. Marciano definitely has the power advantage, and I'd say they're about equal in chin, stamina, and heart. But Ali has clear advantages in speed and skill. I think it ends in a close, but clear unanimous decision for Ali.
    I think you are a close, but clear Alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammstein View Post
      Marciano. Ali never faced anybody like him. Frazier is nowhere near the level of the undefeated Rocky!!!
      You are a mate on here Weltsch and I always respect your opinion because I know you think first and make good points even if I don't totally agree...

Personally, I think Ali would easily beat Marciano. MOST times.

Marciano was a big puncher and very aggressive swarmer. And I understand that Ali did have problems with Frazier. Statistically the numbers are out because Marciano did knock all real HW's out he fought.

But he only fought a few and they were all bums and it wasn't a representative sample.

Frazier actually fought more real HW's and knocked more out than Marciano did, of considerably better quality too.

As hard as Marciano hit lb, for, lb, there's no real evidence that he even hit harder than Ali when he sat down, let alone an "actual" puncher of the 70's.

I'll give him this... Seeing Ali get KD by a comparable sized guy like Henry who was rumoured to also have a hard punch lends full credit to the fact that in the 60's, against the smaller, weaker Ali... Marciano COULD have knocked him out. I don't think however that Marciano would have been strong or big enough to bull his way into Ali and rough him up like Frazier but I am not 100% sure.

My synopsis is that the faster more agile 60's Ali would be able to mostly stay away and rip him up all night and score an unmemorable Ali UD or even KO. I give Marciano a slim punchers chance but really he weighed 185lbs.. That's difficult.

Of course I do agree with you that reality wise, Cooper could have been fairly awarded a KO under different circumstances over Ali and Marciano was a tougher fighter than Cooper so I do acknowledge punchers chance for Marciano, but most of the Cooper fight Ali did beat him up. Chance is chance though, that's HW, even in featherfist eras they are still the biggest.

With a Frazier/Ali, that was the 2nd Ali. He didn't dance and couldn't dodge a punch for **** but he had much better chin and was far too strong for Marciano, he'd tie him up and beat him easier than Frazier imo. Frazier was 210lbs and did have a fair whack for a little guy. Harder than Marciano's I would judge and even had more skills imo. Any 70's Ali beats him easy.

Overall I have to give it to Ali Weltsch, I don't think Marciano could withstand Liston, Frazier, Lyle, Shavers, Norton like Ali did and consideration against Foreman is really beyond the scope of him.

In Marciano's defence, he was a great lb for lb champion who's power transcended his size more than anybody ever at HW! I would be interested to know how the puncher Marciano performed against the modern CW division. I think he'd be outboxed but I doubt there'd be too many with his power. His reign occurred at a time when the talent pool was thinned due to war, that's why the HW division from Louis to Liston was almost exclusively a CW division as far as the talented fighters were concerned.

Just my thoughts mate
      Last edited by Elroy1; 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I'm probably not at liberty to say but I'd say Ali just from what I've seen of them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          You are a mate on here Weltsch and I always respect your opinion because I know you think first and make good points even if I don't totally agree...

Personally, I think Ali would easily beat Marciano. MOST times.

Marciano was a big puncher and very aggressive swarmer. And I understand that Ali did have problems with Frazier. Statistically the numbers are out because Marciano did knock all real HW's out he fought.

But he only fought a few and they were all bums and it wasn't a representative sample.

Frazier actually fought more real HW's and knocked more out than Marciano did, of considerably better quality too.

As hard as Marciano hit lb, for, lb, there's no real evidence that he even hit harder than Ali when he sat down, let alone an "actual" puncher of the 70's.

I'll give him this... Seeing Ali get KD by a comparable sized guy like Henry who was rumoured to also have a hard punch lends full credit to the fact that in the 60's, against the smaller, weaker Ali... Marciano COULD have knocked him out. I don't think however that Marciano would have been strong or big enough to bull his way into Ali and rough him up like Frazier but I am not 100% sure.

My synopsis is that the faster more agile 60's Ali would be able to mostly stay away and rip him up all night and score an unmemorable Ali UD or even KO. I give Marciano a slim punchers chance but really he weighed 185lbs.. That's difficult.

Of course I do agree with you that reality wise, Cooper could have been fairly awarded a KO under different circumstances over Ali and Marciano was a tougher fighter than Cooper so I do acknowledge punchers chance for Marciano, but most of the Cooper fight Ali did beat him up. Chance is chance though, that's HW, even in featherfist eras they are still the biggest.

With a Frazier/Ali, that was the 2nd Ali. He didn't dance and couldn't dodge a punch for **** but he had much better chin and was far too strong for Marciano, he'd tie him up and beat him easier than Frazier imo. Frazier was 210lbs and did have a fair whack for a little guy. Harder than Marciano's I would judge and even had more skills imo. Any 70's Ali beats him easy.

Overall I have to give it to Ali Weltsch, I don't think Marciano could withstand Liston, Frazier, Lyle, Shavers, Norton like Ali did and consideration against Foreman is really beyond the scope of him.

In Marciano's defence, he was a great lb for lb champion who's power transcended his size more than anybody ever at HW! I would be interested to know how the puncher Marciano performed against the modern CW division. I think he'd be outboxed but I doubt there'd be too many with his power. His reign occurred at a time when the talent pool was thinned due to war, that's why the HW division from Louis to Liston was almost exclusively a CW division as far as the talented fighters were concerned.

Just my thoughts mate

See the difference between you and Weltzschmerz is that you are just a moron, whereas weltz is a white supremacist so he has to say Marciano wins

Comment

Your a real wanker OneMoreRound..

When has the guy ever said he was some sort of nazi?

He could say you only support white fighters because your black!

Comment

Your a real wanker OneMoreRound..

When has the guy ever said he was some sort of nazi?

He could say you only support white fighters because your black!
              It's heavily implied in many of his posts that he has a bias towards white fighters..
              and your last sentence makes absolutely no sense, seems to be a recurring theme with you

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                It's heavily implied in many of his posts that he has a bias towards white fighters..
                and your last sentence makes absolutely no sense, seems to be a recurring theme with you
                I make mistake, maybe I shouldn't post after a few beers

Comment

Are you able to do something else than just spreading pathetic shyte in every single post?

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                    Are you able to do something else than just spreading pathetic shyte in every single post?
                    Does his best Arnold Horseshack ohohhhohhh!Can i answer that?!!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Does his best Arnold Horseshack ohohhhohhh!Can i answer that?!!
                      Be my guest.

Comment

Working...
                      X