Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs Floyd Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles is incredible and very underrated by some people; he would beat Patterson.

For the thread - Marciano by mid rounds KO.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
      but head-to-head, i still see patterson flattening charles, though.
      Because it suits your pro-Ali and anti-Marciano agendas, all you're doing is stating what you personally want to see happen, Butterfly, and not neccessarily what would actually happen had the two met at their respective Heavyweight primes...But that's really no different than what most do when it comes to these fantasy fights, which is why I usually don't bother too much with these matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
        Because it suits your pro-Ali and anti-Marciano agendas, all you're doing is stating what you personally want to see happen, Butterfly, and not neccessarily what would actually happen had the two met at their respective Heavyweight primes...But that's really no different than what most do when it comes to these fantasy fights, which is why I usually don't bother too much with these matchups.
        patterson has more power and handspeed. that means that patterson would catch charles before charles would catch him, cause of his superior handspeed.

Comment

why does everytime i seem to make a post, everyone brings muhammad ali into it, when i never mention ali myself even? it seems to be a habit with posters here.

Comment

patterson has more power and handspeed. that means that patterson would catch charles before charles would catch him, cause of his superior handspeed.
            Your overly simple and entirely false logic doesn't mean anything, Butterfly (did you think to factor anything else in the equation, like Charles' defense, counterpunching skills, proven ability to slow an opponent's attack, Patterson's wild & inaccuracy at times, how they coped with the style matchups, etc., etc.?), and besides, whatever edge Patterson may have in power & handspeed would be pretty small because Charles himself threw some very quick combinations and also had good pop in his punches.

Comment

why does everytime i seem to make a post, everyone brings muhammad ali into it, when i never mention ali myself even? it seems to be a habit with posters here.
              Probably because you've made your agenda very obvious to all right from the get-go.

Comment

Probably because you've made your agenda very obvious to all right from the get-go.
                this is not true. i just think patterson is better, that's all. it has nothing to do with ali.

Comment

this is not true. i just think patterson is better, that's all. it has nothing to do with ali.
                  Whether that's true or not, you do come across with what the rest of us may view as an obvious agenda...especially considering that your all-time top five Heavyweights all fought within the Ali era and were opponents of his.

Comment

i think charles was stronger then Patterson

maybe not by much but i've never heard patterson to have a great punch
                    but Charles i've heard a decent punch
                    ________
                    Glass pipe
                    Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Marciano would put a tremendous beating on Patterson. Patterson would box well for awhile, but the thounderous shots of Rocky would eventually catch up. mid to late round stoppage for Marciano.

As far as Charles goes, he was a tremendous fighter in every way. Undersized at Heavy, but still a great one. I would definitely give him the edge over patterson as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X