Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golota vs Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golota suffered several injuries in that fight, including a brain injury that apparently could have been fatal if he were to have fought for the full 12 rounds. Atleast that's what I remember reading from an article about why Golota quit, he claimed that he could feel something was wrong with him.

His incoherent stuttering in the post fight interview seems to support this, but I don't see why he would not say anything about the injuries, not even to his cornermen. So I still don't know what to believe. I might have to find that old article.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      It was definitely the Tyson fight. In the Grant fight he quit after getting knocked down. The Tyson fight he quit by refusing to leave the corner (with Certo). People were throwing things at Golota when he left the ring.

As bad as the Grant fight was, this was much worse.
      Ok, thanks for clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
        Golota suffered several injuries in that fight, including a brain injury that apparently could have been fatal if he were to have fought for the full 12 rounds. Atleast that's what I remember reading from an article about why Golota quit, he claimed that he could feel something was wrong with him.

His incoherent stuttering in the post fight interview seems to support this, but I don't see why he would not say anything about the injuries, not even to his cornermen. So I still don't know what to believe. I might have to find that old article.
        He was barking, and so was Certo lol

Comment

He asked Certo to stop the fight after the opening round, which he refused to do of course, so by the end of the second he probably thought '**** it. I'm not asking him again, I'm just not coming out for the third'.

He was swamped by a frenzy of panic before he fought Lewis and I think it's a safe bet that it happened again. He was known to suffer anxiety attacks. His incoherent stuttering after the fight was a speech impediment that he'd had since childhood and used to resurface under stress. He did go to hospital for observation after the fight though 'cause he was complaining of head pain, dizziness and nausea.

Comment

When we look at Golota's career and his patterns in fights it is easy to consider the possibility that he quit when the going got rough. But if a fighter gets clocked like Golota did against Tyson and manages to make it back to his corner, we don't know to what affect he was hurt. Only the fighter knows truly and as fans we hope he continues but it wasn't us getting hit by Tyson.

Comment

Golota was cleared by the commission doctor after that fight. When he got home, his own private physician drew up a laundry list of excuses. IMO, Golota suffered a panic attack (again) and quit like a dog.

Comment

Thats absolutely correct! I don't know what people are alluding to but Golota was busted up. His eardrum was popped among other things...and that was Al in his corner!

yes Golota could be a head case but in this case he got busted up really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Golota was cleared by the commission doctor after that fight. When he got home, his own private physician drew up a laundry list of excuses. IMO, Golota suffered a panic attack (again) and quit like a dog.
                  Thats just not my understanding. It was as I was led to believe a fact that he was busted up, with eardrum, etc.

Comment

Anyhow in the spirit of humor here is a great Golota story. When he fought Brewster the Polskis came out en masse (Do I get to jabber a bit about Poles because I have a bit of Pole in me mods?....like its a pole thang?)

Anyhow the great refuge of the man who has little else is ethnic pride at times....and sure enough the Polskis were in the process of unfurling en masse Polski flags to dot the arena with....

During the Brewster fight Golota went down so quick that in the middle of unfurling the flags.....they all had to stop, reverse course, and start to pull up the flags....It was hillarious.

Comment

Funny. Another funny line I heard from Certo was on the Legendary Nights episode on Bowe/Golota where Certo said he was trying to put Golota's mouthpiece in to go back out to fight Tyson and then said "I shoulda shoved that mouthpiece up his ass" lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X