No announcement yet.

Famous draws in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    Chavez-Whitaker is the most famous and absolute worst. Chavez at no time was in that fight.

Winky-Taylor I think was a good Draw. Very underrated fight too.

Id mention a fight like Lara-Molina and any Ruiz-Valeuv/Holyfield fight because damn those fights were so horrible too watch I couldnt possibly score them they were so dull.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Good thread

Of the draws i have witnessed first hand

worst draw- lewis-holyfield

best draw- Manny-jmm 1

famous- whittaker-chavez
    Good replies, I think WInky/Taylor was an underrated fight too.

Obviously, for my money, Chavez/Whitaker is the worst draw in my life time.

Looking back at Pac/JMM I, having seen that fight 4 times, each time I've scored it for Pac, normally by a couple points and in reality it would have been a Pac win if the judge had known how to count to 10. Worst part is, Pac handled his business like a man whereas it was JMM who *****ed and moaned about a fight he was cheated INTO.

Lewis/Holyfield I was a decent match up but not quite the robbery it's made out to be. Lewis should have gone in for the kill at some stage but always seemed to hang back, Manny must have had a coronary watching him stand and pose.

Comment

He did. Manny said on the Ringside episode on Lennox that he had a feeling they would get screwed in the scorecards based on the body language of the judges and told him at one point to pick up the pace. I guess Lennox should've listened.

Comment

Winky- Taylor is a bad draw IMO...

This one always bothers me more than other controversial draws.. I'm not a winky fanboy but I think he got royally screwed in this fight.. I thought it was a clear 115-113, 116-112 type fight.. Winky controlled that fight and was backing jermaine into the ropes all night with the jab... Clear winky win IMO
        Like I said, this one always bothers me

Comment

One of the most brutal was the technical draw between Merqui Sosa and Charles Williams.

Comment

Working...
          X