Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Corso

What does his "200lb" weight have to do with not being able to stop George?
    Ray.

it means that in historic terms joe louis was one of the smallest heavyweights ever to be a longtime champ,,,

he doesnt possess the power of a foreman, tyson or lewis,,,,

Its a fact,, he beat some big guys, but none were very skilled and i think louis would outpoint chavulo but not stop him,, much like roy jones outpointed ruiz but he wasnt going to stop him
    Im pretty sure if Louis and Louis drilled each other with hooks at the same time Louis might fall to a knee, but Lewis would be sleepin.

Louis is one of the biggest punchers ive seen despite his stature.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

TKO. Nobody ever put Chuvalo's lights out and I seriously doubt anybody could. He ends up taking a bad beating from Louis and gets rescued by the ref.
      Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 11-22-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Just like punchers are born so are some men you could hit with a Mac truck and damage the truck, I think Chavlo was the latter.

Louis by tko but Chavalo is still on his feet.

Comment

I'd pick Louis inside the distance. Too much difference in skills and power. Chuvalo was butchered by Frazier and bludgeoned by Forman before half way through their fights. He would have gone down if they hadn't been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            You might be underestimating how hard Louis actually hit, his power was very much held in terrific esteem....the films hold up to scrutiny too.

Weight really doesn't always factor, I don't doubt that Dempsey and Baer hit like trains. David Haye has excellent power despite being a small and comparatively light 'heavyweight'.
            yeah, once guys get over that 180lb mark the ones that can really crack can often punch way above their actual weight, meaning they can deliver blows comaprable to what a dude weighing 250 might be able to deliver. I mean its not as clear cut as that, but Ive seen some smallish HW's 190-210lbs be able to level guys weighing 250 and punch as hard as them

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              yeah, once guys get over that 180lb mark the ones that can really crack can often punch way above their actual weight, meaning they can deliver blows comparable to what a dude weighing 250 might be able to deliver. I mean its not as clear cut as that, but Ive seen some smallish HW's 190-210lbs be able to level guys weighing 250 and punch as hard as them
              I've seen too many huge guys who couldn't bust an egg with a hammer and too many small guys that could put holes through concrete to put any stock in weight = punching power.

Comment

TKO, just imagine the end fight from Raging Bull.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  TKO. Nobody ever put Chuvalo's lights out and I seriously doubt anybody could. He ends up taking a bad beating from Louis and gets rescued by the ref.

yeah i would agree,, i thought about it, and yes louis woulndt ko him, but def has a shot to have a ref stoppage.. That is a very plausible and most likely scenario to happen

Comment

Having a great chin isn't always a good thing: Sometimes it means you take a brutal battering that a weaker chinned fighter would have been sparred.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      No i dont think so,,, Louis was barely 200 lbs,, he would win but i doubt he would stop him
                      How much do you think Joe Frazier weighed when he stopped Chuvalo?

Comment

Working...
                      X