No announcement yet.

Which ATG fell from the top the quickest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    Not up for discussion. Curry had ATG potential; nowhere near an ATG resume.
    exact same thing could be said about riddick bowe,,, I really thought he would dominate the 90's and he just fell off hard after the 2nd holy fight

Comment

Curry is NOT an ATG. lmao. Neither is Bowe

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
        Curry is NOT an ATG. lmao. Neither is Bowe
        No one is saying they are,,, just that they had the potential,,, both were the best in their division at their peak,, but then fell-off......

They had the potential to be ATG, just never realized it,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          No one is saying they are,,, just that they had the potential,,, both were the best in their division at their peak,, but then fell-off......

They had the potential to be ATG, just never realized it,,,
          But the thread isnt about potential ATGs

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Not up for discussion. Curry had ATG potential; nowhere near an ATG resume.
            Curry was the first name that I thought of, but the criteria eliminated him (along with almost everyone else).

Comment

Roy jones has to take the cake,,,,

he went from a heavyweight titlist, and p4p #1 in 2003, to never winning a meaningful fight again after tarver 1.

at least mike cameback out of prison and won some belts,,, and after the holy fights he still managed to ko botha and golata,,,,,,

Comment

I say roy jones

Comment

Roy jones has to take the cake,,,,

he went from a heavyweight titlist, and p4p #1 in 2003, to never winning a meaningful fight again after tarver 1.

at least mike cameback out of prison and won some belts,,, and after the holy fights he still managed to ko botha and golata,,,,,,
                  He had been rated as Top 3 P4P for nearly a decade. I don't know if you can call that a quick decline.

/greeh

Comment

Which ATG fell from the top the quickest,,,

my vote would be roy jones,,, he was in the running for the GOAT after the ruiz fight in spring of 2003, by end of 2004 he was shot and never had another big win.....
                    I can't think of a better example than that. He fell off quickly and brutally. I've never seen anything like that in my lifetime. If it happens to Mayweather, he would be another one.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                      He had been rated as Top 3 P4P for nearly a decade. I don't know if you can call that a quick decline.

/greeh
                      Maybe not in terms of years. But in terms of performances, yes. When you go from his status after the Ruiz fight to where he was after two fights with Tarver, and one with Johnson,that is a very fast decline.

Comment

Working...
                      X