No announcement yet.

Best Fighters u ever saw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Seeing in person: Mayweather, Duran, Ali, Hopkins, Olivares, Zarate, both Klitschkos, Barrera, Roy Jones.
    You're just showing off, aren't ya?

Comment

the best fighter i've ever seen live was sergio martinez. i saw him whip dzinziruks ass and drop him five times in CT.

the second best was probably chad dawson in his second fight against glen johnson. his steps would take him clear across the ring, and he had a very effective southpaw jab going that night. he looked very good from where i was sitting. i got a good grasp of his speed and coordination relative to his size. it was damn impressive. after the fight he was put on the p4p list.

the best fight i've ever seen live is froch - taylor. the 12th round was something i'll never forget.

some of you guys are old

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
        You're just showing off, aren't ya?
        Well, maybe a little...

Comment

the greatest fighter i've ever seen live is erik morales.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Who is the best fighter u ever saw live? This will obviously vary depending on how long u have been watching boxing but i'd also like to know who u think is the best u have seen period, be it on tape or whatever...
            Modern era (excl. Louis, Robinson, etc.):
            1. Duran
            2. Tyson
            3. Ali
            4. Chavez, Sr.
            5. Holmes
            6. Arguello
            7. Pryor
            8. Spinks, M.
            9. De La Hoya
            10. Bowe

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              I meant in general Dan but thinking about it now it be interesting to see who the best fighter everybody has saw

1: Live in attendance
              2: Live in general
              3: Ever (even if only on tape)

Another thing to consider were they the best when u saw them? For example I saw Duran live (not in attendance) but wouldn't rate him as the best because he was old and past it.
              I saw all of those guys in their prime.

First fight I remember watching was Ali-Liston 1 so I don't think I caught any great fighters at their tale end. Atleast I don't recall, I may have. My Uncle used to tell me I watched a lot of old timers live as a very young kid but I don't recall it.

Best fighters I've ever seen on tape are Ezzard Charles and Ray Robinson.

Comment

In Attendance - Floyd
                In General - Prime Roy
                Ever - Ali

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I saw all of those guys in their prime.

First fight I remember watching was Ali-Liston 1 so I don't think I caught any great fighters at their tale end. Atleast I don't recall, I may have. My Uncle used to tell me I watched a lot of old timers live as a very young kid but I don't recall it.

Best fighters I've ever seen on tape are Ezzard Charles and Ray Robinson.

which fights would you cite as their best filmed work?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    which fights would you cite as their best filmed work?
                    It's grainy but the footage of his fight with Lloyd Marhsall is one of his best.

The footage of his fight with Jimmy Bivins.

His fight with Pat Valentino is a great display of how complete his game was.

Ray Robinson, there's plenty for him.

Probaly Fullmer I'd say.

Scary to have seen him in his absolute prime.

Comment

The Greatest is Sugar Ray Robinson, we have plenty of videos and I personally know people who saw him live and others who have fought him or sparred him.
                      The Greatest I've seen live was The Greatest Ali, Ali in the ring looked huge yet outside in slacks and a shirt didn't look big at all he appeared fairly tall but not wide or thick at all. I worked for Ali in his Ali Productions company for about 4 months until we realized he was being ripped off and we left! Many people told him what the deal was and he eventually bailed out!
                      Theres far to many excellant boxers for me to name that I worked with and against and witnessed on shows.
                      Heres a few that prepped with me at my gym;
                      Earnie Shavers
                      Mat Saad Muhammed
                      Ray Leonard
                      Juan LaPorte'
                      Marlon Starling
                      Mike Tyson
                      .............all of these fellows were capable of fighting great fights!
                      Theres so many more I've seen that are major players then theirs the ones who had more than enough talent that just couldn't get by! I remember all of them! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X