Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand IT perfectly! My point is their dominant over mediocre fighters and thats to their credit but it does NOT mean their in the upper level talent wise with the greats! Marciano gets bashed on this site for that exact same reason yet Wlad is a top ten fighter and to the kids here he's a top THREE great!
    Once again I'm evaluating them with over 50 years experience. You watch their fights read their records and compare opponents! Theres do & don't and Wlad has alot of "don't" when you compare him to "greats"!
    I'm not degrading the guy I'm giving my honest opinion of his talents. I rout for great fights I don't rout against any one fighter and you'll never hear me wish ill will on one either! I don't disrespect fighters unless they didrespect the game! As for fans......................when they get "fanatic" their not going to accept critizism and they refuse to wipe the "brown off their noses"!
    My opinion is pretty well known on this sunject so theres no need to go on. Again I'm not a basher but I am a realists and I have alot of experience when it comes to breaking down a fighters skills or lack of them! nite, Ray
    you act like he can't be beat! I'm saying he's beatable in the top fifty and he will loose often against the top fifty!
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Vitali has proven that at least he can compete with Lennox. Now you might say that was the well past prime lennox or that he destroyed him but again I didn't see it.

All the common opponents Wlad had with Lennox he mostly did similarly well. Wlad did beat some very good opponents - not ATGs but not many did. And it isn't just about one fight. But when you have 60+ fights and you can count on hand how many rounds did he lost that can't be insignificant.

Sorry, but I again can't see same as you. I respect your experience and hopefully a non-biased opinion but I can't see how Wlad would lose more fights than other 15-20 fighters (at worst) against fifty best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        lickamulekick, how old are you? You think theres only three heavies "Ever" that could beat Wlad? Really?? Ridiculous!!!
        simurgh; first off where did I say his jab was BAD??? I said I made comparisons to the greater heavies and Wlad jabs is not the best or close to it! Now that goes for the rest of his arsonal too! Please don't say he has the best Jab (Ali, Shavers, Holmes, Foreman, Louis, Walcott I could go on & on! Then do the same with all the elements he his tools are NOT at the top at all!
        As to Mannys coment, I knew Emanuel and competed against him many many times in the nationals and had respect for him as he did for me! He's not going to sugar coat or say anything negative about Wlad beause he is a pro at what he does and an employee of Wlads! Manny s comparsons are his personal work with Wlad he never worked with any of the fighters that proceeded Wlad. I never worked with Wlad but I've worked with other well established heavies like Shavers, Dokes, Tyson, Rabalta, Snipes, Cotziee sp)
        and many other excellant fighters and I don't see anything Wlad does as excellant! So thats why I feel the way I do. I don't discredit him or think he doesn't strive to win. You've never heard me discredit what he's accomplished but to move hm into the catagory of an ATG is ridiculous!

Wheres the facts about the "scientific improvements" you talk about in boxing, not other sports!
        How can the fighters in the 40s thru the 50s fight twice a week if their inferior?
        The fighters then maintained their conditioning and were able to prep a few days out from a fight. The fighters today are out of shape within a week of their bouts!
        Wlad is a good fighter, I never said he wasn't but he doesn't compete with the greats the proof is on video and film. He's in the top fifty and thats not a knock when you consider how many men have boxed! I don't believe his constitution is strong andI know his recoupertive powers are limited! Ray
        lol wot is with you and trying to belittle ppl on here with age, so your the grandfather of the sport? You will defend ppl like joe louis and the legends to the DEATH! and i said i would feel CONFORTABLE with only 3 guys whooping the klitchkos, not the only ones you old fart. At the end of the day they might not be considered the best ever but there big, tall, rangey, smart, strong, dominant boxers that take advantage of all of there strengths and i cant see any ATG taking them lightly

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Vitali has proven that at least he can compete with Lennox. Now you might say that was the well past prime lennox or that he destroyed him but again I didn't see it.

All the common opponents Wlad had with Lennox he mostly did similarly well. Wlad did beat some very good opponents - not ATGs but not many did. And it isn't just about one fight. But when you have 60+ fights and you can count on hand how many rounds did he lost that can't be insignificant.

Sorry, but I again can't see same as you. I respect your experience and hopefully a non-biased opinion but I can't see how Wlad would lose more fights than other 15-20 fighters (at worst) against fifty best ever.
          i agree, i think vitali would of given lewis trouble in his prime and could compete with him. I honestly put lennox ranked in the top 3 in the ranking of the best and if vitali can give him trouble, he should be given alot more respect

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            So Wladimir Klitschko, who had 140 amateur fights (including an Olympic Gold Medal), 62 professional fights (many for world titles), lacks experience?

You are so biased and closed minded that I can't take you seriously. Even if you did allegedly make a living in the sport.
            Then again, I've seen Klitlickers try to excuse Wlad's brutal losses to being "green".....

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Then again, I've seen Klitlickers try to excuse Wlad's brutal losses to being "green".....

Poet
              The first loss was when he was only 22 and WK was way ahead when he gassed out. But that was in 1998. The other two losses certainly can't be excused as inexperience.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                The other two losses certainly can't be excused as inexperience.
                Doesn't stop them from trying.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  don't sing it, bring it!!!
                  God forbid you actually learn something about form and technical ability!
                  Being the champion from Eastern Europe and defending it there is like being the champion of Utah and defending it there! Who Cares!
                  Get your azz to Vegas and lets see what kind of numbers the Heavyweight Champion can produce! The facts are that an American kid and a Philipino peanut can out sell the HvyWt Champ! Not much to say about a HvyWt Champ who gets out sold by the little guys!!
                  How does this happen in boxing????
                  Its easy, they're more exciting and they're better skilled! Thats Why!!! Ray
                  Yeah true, but there are also more boxing fans in Germany, The Ukraine and wherever else overseas the Klitschko brothers fight. It's more of a fringe sport in the US today.
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 02-06-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Doesn't stop them from trying.

Poet
                    You'd also have to be blind to not see that Wlad has improved since his loses.

(Corrie Sanders still might beat him most times though.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                      You'd also have to be blind to not see that Wlad has improved since his loses.

(Corrie Sanders still might beat him most times though.)
                      His opponents have gotten far worse.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X