No announcement yet.

"I would rather shoot myself in the leg than re-watch this fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    I've heard the same thing about Hopkins-Jones 1 as well. Most fights I watch on TV I wouldn't watch again, only the stuff I have recorded anyway.
    Their first fight was somewhat dull and uneventful, but it was Marquez-Pacquiao IV compared to that horrible rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      He could have used his underrated footwork to create some space between him an Hagler. Eventually it may have been the same result, but Hearns could have done more to try and win that fight.
      Watch the fight again, Hearns was using his 'under rated' footwork plenty in round 2 (Hearn's was boxing Hagler beautifully until the last 30 seconds or so) and 3 but was at times stumbling and tripping over his own feet or so it seemed like, he wasn't trying to slug with Hagler at all after round 1. Hagler just caught up to him at times and had his way with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Their first fight was somewhat dull and uneventful, but it was Marquez-Pacquiao IV compared to that horrible rematch.
        I know what you mean, I've seen both. It was made even worse by the fact that Jones was stopped in his previous fight leading up to the Hopkins rematch. I wonder if Hopkins really thinks he proved anything by beating a past prime Jones or if he just did it for the money and the big name on his resume.

Comment

To tell the truth, most Duran and Ali fights I wouldn't rewatch, except for their big ones like Duran's fights with Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, the Davey Moore one was a nice TKO. Ali's fights with Liston x2, Frazier x3, Norton x3, Foreman and Spinks would probably be the only ones of his I'd watch again. First Cooper fight was pretty memorable too.

Comment

Carlos De Leon v Johnny Nelson
            WBC Cruiserweight Title
            Sheffield, UK
            Circa 1990

Some utter sadist might still have this up on You Tube......but probably for the sheer pleasure of knowing he is wasting someone's time. It's a full-on 12 round WBC title fight (so somone should should have cared a toss) but they manage to hit each other (properly) about 4 times in 36 minutes. I think Nelson had the good grace to apologise afterwards.

Sven Ottke's entire career
            1997-2004
            All over Das Reich

Can you imagine the utter, bone-aching tedium of watching 'Das Phantom' Ottke gently tapping Rick Thornberry on the head for 12 rounds in Magdeburg before scuttling away across the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
              Carlos De Leon v Johnny Nelson
              WBC Cruiserweight Title
              Sheffield, UK
              Circa 1990

Some utter sadist might still have this up on You Tube......but probably for the sheer pleasure of knowing he is wasting someone's time. It's a full-on 12 round WBC title fight (so somone should should have cared a toss) but they manage to hit each other (properly) about 4 times in 36 minutes. I think Nelson had the good grace to apologise afterwards.

Sven Ottke's entire career
              1997-2004
              All over Das Reich

Can you imagine the utter, bone-aching tedium of watching 'Das Phantom' Ottke gently tapping Rick Thornberry on the head for 12 rounds in Magdeburg before scuttling away across the ring.
              AND THE WINNER IS.........

Cant believe i forgot that, it was painful to watch! Nelson....

Comment

No fight was more painfull for me to watch than Wlad-Ibrag.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  I've heard the same thing about Hopkins-Jones 1 as well. Most fights I watch on TV I wouldn't watch again, only the stuff I have recorded anyway.
                  They didn't embarass themselves the first time. Just a very ordinary encounter.

Comment

Sven Ottke lol. I might actually have some of his fights somewhere.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Freddy Norwood
                      Devon Alexander vs Randall Bailey
                      Wladimir Klitschko vs Ibrigamov

Comment

Working...
                      X