No announcement yet.

Where Does Mike Tyson Rank As An ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    That is proof that you are a clown who can't be taken seriously.
    Dear Scott and Ray

I have to apologize. I fell a bit behind on the child support and Elroy's mom had to shut off the internet router to the basement area... Elroy starts to act out at these times and say things for attention.

Much obliged

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Dear Scott and Ray

I have to apologize. I fell a bit behind on the child support and Elroy's mom had to shut off the internet router to the basement area... Elroy starts to act out at these times and say things for attention.

Much obliged
      :rofl2: ......

Comment

• Castration needs to be honored throughout the family!! No more of these
        .......................children!

sorry billeau2

Comment

• Trainers at time matter just as much as any fighters ability. With that said, I think that Tyson with Cus D'amato, Rooney and Atlas was unbeatable.

Comment

• Mike Tyson helped me understand how some of the old timers must have felt... When you see Mike, you realize that at his best, Mike could challenge any ATG....Yet his record, his inconsistancy is a real issue. But once you have seen Mike and hear people say things like either Klitschko could beat Tyson you have to laugh....In his prime I doubt either Klit lasts a round. Yet one has to say that the marks against Mike are real....Its just one of those contradictions one has to accept. I have seen some great fighters in my time....many have seen more than I, and the electricity and sheer stopping power of Tyson is unforgettable.

Ohh and....You werent holding Mike Tyson to tie him up! Mike (like Dempsey) could hit you from an inch, with shoulder, elbow or head included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1
              Ok, so you can throw whatever abuse you like my way but comments like this are permitted to go unchecked?

Mike Tyson took many rounds and sometimes could not knock out many opponents when prime. But neither Klitschko could last a round?

That right there is a reprehensible comment^^ that seems perfectly acceptable for some reason. Amazing!
              well,,,,,vitali is one tough mofo. I think hed be very competitive with mike with his size and awckwardness,,,toughness etc but I think wlad would go quickly and early. remember Tyson wasn't just a headhunter,,,,hed rip the body and I just cant see how wlad would weather that storm. vitali is another story tho

Comment

All good and well to suppose Tyson could work his way inside Wlad to a point. But 1 round? Basically claiming Wlad is weaker than all the opponents Tyson couldn't finish in 1 round.

Let's not forget that Tyson is tailor made for Wlad. Wlad's "specialty" is keeping opponents like Tyson at bay! Tyson IS a very special case. There's not a boxer alive or dead who combined the same qualities as Mike did. It MIGHT have been too much for Wlad.

But to claim that Wlad who would be among the greatest, most skilled, largest and most athletic and most experienced opponents he'd ever faced could not last a round with Tyson who'd be among his smallest opponents and was easily tied up by Smith, Green etc which are not 1/5 the fighters Wladimir is then that's just beyond reasoning.

In 66 fights there was only 1 occurrence in which something similar happened. Yet this was 2nd round and and involved a guy 6'4" tall and southpaw which Wlad clearly underestimated. Nobody would underestimate Tyson!

Tyson could possibly have been the best HW in history. We just don't know for sure.
                You're right.

Maybe he'd last 30 seconds of the next round too.

Comment

• In terms of ability, and natural talent - I put Tyson up with the best I've ever seen. Maybe even better than Ali. He was absolutely tremendous, a fighter from another planet. Defensively, offensively, speed, agility, power, determination - this guy was everything a proper fighter should be.

I think his career took a wrong turn, but too much are being put into the fact that Cus died, or Don king, or he couldn't handle being bullied.. All of which, really are just excuses we use to cover up the real story.

Tyson got way too much, way too early. He became lazy and didn't train properly for the fights he had. This was even before Spinks. He was quickly becoming a phenomenon, had all the money in the world, all the women in the world - and really always questioned why he was fighting - especially after Cus died as those to had a mission of 'sticking' it to the boxing people that had previously fuked Cus over, and together licking every heavyweight in the world.

Tyson didn't even train properly for the Spinks fight - he was in good shape, but not in Tyson shape. He made a quick job out of it because Rooney had told him he'd bet his entire share of the purse on a first round KO, as Tyson was about to hear the first bell. It's even caught on tape.

Basically, he fought for money from '88 on and probably because he didn't have much else to do. I really don't like when people say Tyson couldn't handle being bullied, because that's not true. He took every beating that was given to him, like a man. Straight down to his last loss.

Mike was tough and could take a helluva beating.
                  Last edited by LacedUp; 09-26-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah and I guess Mitch Green would have been HW champ today too.
                    Doesn't really take much to beat Alex Leapai.

Comment

• not in my top 10 atg heavies because of short time at the top and relatively weak resume

Comment

Working...
                      X