No announcement yet.

De La Hoya or Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya or Jones Jr?

Up to this point, who has had the better legacy, roy or oscar? Even though Roy is considered the best p4p fighter of his generation de la hoya has an impressive resume.
    Roy Jones Jr
    67.44%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    32.56%

Oscar has had far more big fights and always fought the top guys whatever weight he was fighting at and it happens to be more intriging match ups in that era for DLH than RJJ......both had outstanding careers but Roy has had the ****tier end of the stick as of late I go with DLH on the question at hand.

Comment

I say DLH. And i agree with that sig, raesaad.

Comment

Originally posted by unity768
        Up to this point, who has had the better legacy, roy or oscar? Even though Roy is considered the best p4p fighter of his generation de la hoya has an impressive resume.
        roy went from middleweight champ to heavyweight champ de la hoya went from Super Featherweight champ to middleweight champ but i give it to the goldenboy because has fought more of the top guys

Comment

Originally posted by unity768 View Post
          Roy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better ,...... better,

Comment

Agreed with McGoorty. Getting beat by the best people you faced isn't very good.

Comment

Roy Jones WILL and SHOULD be remembered as the better fighter. Oscar was very very good but Roy was on another level for so long, his late career hurts him but when Roy was Roy there are very few fighters in history ud favour over him

Comment

How anyone can say Oscar is even close to as great as Roy Jones Jr is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by unity768 View Post
                  Jones actually won his biggest fights in dominating fashion. Oscar always lost to his best opponents. Fighting the best and losing to them doesn't enhance your legacy. Jones has had the better career and it's not close IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    How anyone can say Oscar is even close to as great as Roy Jones Jr is beyond me.
                    I feel the same way IronDan. I can't see any justification in rating Oscar higher.

Comment

Working...
                    X