Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Or Holyfield
      Whitaker
      Holyfield
      Jeff Fenech
      Meldrick Taylor

Comment

I'll go with Holyfield, he was undisputed and lineal heavyweight champion, with Whitaker right up there too, being undisputed and Ring lightweight champion, along with being lineal welterweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          I am gonna go with whitiker.
          this is easy...... Jeff Fenech......................... comments all welcome, so there. ......Nobody mentioned that it had to be a yank. I'd go for Holyfield just over sweet pea among the rest.

Comment

Whitaker without a doubt.

Holyfield's an ATG and all, but Whitaker's the greatest fighter since Ali and Duran.
            Last edited by SBleeder; 09-03-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Fenech was a fine fighter but he was nowhere close to the class that Whitaker displayed in the ring......... Rockin'

Comment

I'd say Sweet Pea, but I wouldn't argue with anyone who said Holyfield. They are both two of my all time favorites, but I think Pea was just amazing in the ring. He spent 10 years at the top of the p4p list basically.

Holyfield went on to be one of the greatest HW's of all time, after a great CW run. He gave us some of the best wars in the ring, and one of the greatest trilogies of all time. His resume(wins AND losses) is insane, and he was robbed against Valuev in a title fight a few years ago before Haye got the belt, which is impressive because he was like 47 at the time.

Lots of great fighters in those games, but these 2 were the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Fenech was a fine fighter but he was nowhere close to the class that Whitaker displayed in the ring......... Rockin'
                  True. I loved Fenech but he was an excellent Champion Boxer whereas Whitaker is in that special stratosphere.

And that is in no way meant to put down Jeff who (as I have bored you with before) once phoned me & left insulting messages on my voicemail. Whitaker never did that!.

But just looking at the fighters from that Olympics is mind boggling. So many who went on to World Class (or close to it).

Tyrell Biggs - 30-10. Challenged Tyson for undisputed Heavy title.
                  Marcus Bott - 28-5. Cruiserweight Champ.
                  Mark Breland - You know......
                  Eyup Can - 15-1 (0 KOs). Euro Fly Champ. I remember him beating some decent British fighters.
                  Chun Chil-Sung - 18-2. Fought for WBA Lightweight belt.
                  Pat Clinton - 30-3. WBO Flyweight Champ.
                  Francesco Damiani - 30-2. WBO Heavyweight Champ.
                  Willie De Wit - 21-1. Actually this one is a charade.
                  Rod Douglas - 13-1. Anyone who knows this name knows what should have/could have been.
                  Jeff Fenech - You know.....
                  Paul Gonzales - 16-4. First to beat Orlando Canizales.
                  Magne Havna - 19-3. Cruiserweight Champ.
                  Virgil Hill - You know......
                  Evander Holyfield - You know......
                  Genaro Leon - 48-11. Briefly WBO Welter Champ.
                  Lennox Lewis - You know.....
                  Hector Lopez - 41-7. Challenged for Light & Light Welter titles.
                  Jorge Maysonet - 22-11. Lost to Simon Brown for Welter title. His record was 19-2 (19) at the time.
                  Steve McCrory - 30-5. Went 14 rounds with a prime Fenech in title shot.
                  John-John Molina - 52-7. One of my fave's. Superfeather Champ. Great fights with Tony Lopez.
                  Sung-Kil Moon - 20-2. Bantam & Superfly World Champ.
                  Shawn O'Sullivan - 23-5. Only lost to top fighters.
                  Maurizio Stecca - 49-4. WBO Feather Champ.
                  Alex Stewart - Late 80's/early 90's Heavyweight contender.
                  Sammy Storey - 25-6. Challenged for Supermiddle title.
                  Frank Tate - You know......
                  Meldrick Taylor - You know......
                  Drake Thadzi - 30-9. Challenged for Light heavy belt.
                  Henry Tillman - 25-6. Challenged for Cruiser belt v Holyfield
                  Christophe Tiozzo - 33-2. WBA Supermiddle Champ. Challenged for Light Heavy title.

**** me, I am an boring anorak :*******:

Did I miss anyone? I know Tyson was an alternative. Quite an impressive list though.

Comment

thats quite an impressive list of international fighter which meant the 84 games was a very competive tourney. I two was disappointed with willie dewitts carreer but he did beat tillman in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X