No announcement yet.

Best British Boxer Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Same, really don't see what the appeal is, right he had a very good punching power for such a small guy but overall his resume has NUTTING on Bob Fitzsimmons or McClarnin, sure I've brought it up before but I remember debating with a number of people on here who though that Wilde had an argument for being greater then / on the same level as Ezzard Charles, don't see it at all, silly over rated.
    I agree.

Ezzard Charles wipes the floor with him.

Then the windows and the table.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Hmmmm. That must mean the Klits are German since all their fights are in Germany and not the Ukraine :thinking9:
      No, it doesn't mean that at all. That's a pretty childish argument, Poet. They wasn't born there & they've never claimed to be German. Lewis was born in London, lived there til he was 12 & his brother & father stayed in London when his mum took him to Canada (a good choice on her part).

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        No, it doesn't mean that at all. That's a pretty childish argument, Poet. They wasn't born there & they've never claimed to be German. Lewis was born in London, lived there til he was 12 & his brother & father stayed in London when his mum took him to Canada (a good choice on her part).
        Well, since where they do their fighting seems to be the end-all and be-all. Fitzsimmons was born in Cornwall and lived there until he was nine. Three years difference between him and Lennox BFD.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          No.........................................
          I was just lurking and was not going to log in but HAHAHAHAHA at that

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            No.........................................
            Wait a minute. "No" doesn't cut it. Calzaghe is in the discussion. That ambidextrous alley cat is one of the best of all time. From any country.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              carl froch seems to hijack logic

it's kind of his thing. in the ring it allows a man without much talent or the appearance of craft to the layman to win fights and survive a gauntlet of opponents unmatched by his contemporaries. he's won three world championships.
              i'm going to pick him against kessler.

i cant tell you how many nsber's tried to convince me he was a great.
              some history sectioneers as well

you take out lucian bute (just like the great liberado andrade,) and you gain his power
              it's like highlander.
              LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Carl "The Highlander Froch"!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X