No announcement yet.

Hagler of 86 vs Rodrigo Valdez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler of 86 vs Rodrigo Valdez.

How does the Hagler who fought Mugabi do against the very good Valdez who knocked down Monzon?

Valdez was a very good fighter, very talented. I loved his style.

Hagler would win though. It would be competitive I think but Hagler would have too much class in the end.

Comment

I could see Valdez taking it honestly. Against that version anyway.

Comment

Lol forget the the version of Hagler that fought Mugabi. Rodrigo was a very good fighter, but Hagler would have beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Lol forget the the version of Hagler that fought Mugabi. Rodrigo was a very good fighter, but Hagler would have beat him.
          I put the 86 version as I feel Hagler would beat Valdez comfortably during his prime. However Hagler had slipped by this time so I thought I would have it versus this version to level the playing field a bit.

I believe Hagler still takes this fight but, it's a close decision and by no means comfortable with Valdez applying clever pressure coupled with movement to frustrate Hagler a lot but no quite able to snatch the decision as Marvin wins by 2 or 3 points, using his effective and accurate jab and combos combined with aggression and his grit.

Comment

Hagler would beat Valdez by a squeaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
              How does the Hagler who fought Mugabi do against the very good Valdez who knocked down Monzon?
              Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Valdez was a very good fighter, very talented. I loved his style.

Hagler would win though. It would be competitive I think but Hagler would have too much class in the end.
              Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I could see Valdez taking it honestly. Against that version anyway.
              Originally posted by Flux View Post
              hagler would get knocked out cold

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                I put the 86 version as I feel Hagler would beat Valdez comfortably during his prime. However Hagler had slipped by this time so I thought I would have it versus this version to level the playing field a bit.

I believe Hagler still takes this fight but, it's a close decision and by no means comfortable with Valdez applying clever pressure coupled with movement to frustrate Hagler a lot but no quite able to snatch the decision as Marvin wins by 2 or 3 points, using his effective and accurate jab and combos combined with aggression and his grit.
                - -Iffy fight as proposed.

Monzon and Valdez had a 5 yur overlap with Marv who was still developing, a late bloomer as they say.

I'd say Valdez takes it, but like Marv, he was ready to retire at those points in time.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -Iffy fight as proposed.

Monzon and Valdez had a 5 yur overlap with Marv who was still developing, a late bloomer as they say.

I'd say Valdez takes it, but like Marv, he was ready to retire at those points in time.
                  Would you consider both Valdez and Hagler being best as counter-punchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                    Would you consider both Valdez and Hagler being best as counter-punchers?
                    - -Only thing I know about Valdez is his record and fights with Monzon.

5 yrs in Marv was still struggling to find his place. If he couldn't take them then, doubt he takes them at the end of his career when he lost his mojo.

Comment

Working...
                    X