No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs both Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    Proof isn't needed, just simple human logic. Louis defeating two fighters that were taller and heavier than him proves nothing.
    Human logic? Please explain. Because it is a FACT Louis knocked out guys the size of today's "super heavyweight". I you trying to say the human capacity to take a punch has evolved? If not your point is invalid.

By the way, thou haven't shown any proof whereas I have.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Human logic? Please explain. Because it is a FACT Louis knocked out guys the size of today's "super heavyweight". I you trying to say the human capacity to take a punch has evolved? If not your point is invalid.
      I never said a super heavyweight could take every punch from a cruiserweight, all I said it's according to human logic a skilled, trained 250+ lbs fighter will generally punch harder than a skilled, trained 200 lbs fighter.

Moreover, Emanuel Steward has also said Wlad is one of the hardest hitters in boxing history.

By the way, thou haven't shown any proof whereas I have.
      Proof? Joe Louis defeating two big guys proves he hits harder than a todays 250 lbs heavyweight? I don't think so.
      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Simultaneously Wlad beating Byrd twice indicates that he would be a major threat to Louis as well.
        And that's where styles come into play. Louis had problems with movers, not guys who stood in front of him.

Comment

And that's where styles come into play. Louis had problems with movers, not guys who stood in front of him.
          Did Joe Louis ever face a tall guy who used his height and reach so perfectly that he was never outboxed in his entire career?
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

so lets say 250 lb so lets say 113 kg its about 249 lbs

and lets say 200 lb so lets say 90 kg thats 198 lbs

so lets say the 250 lb person punches at 20 kmph thats 20000 Meters per hour so thats 5.5555555555 meters per second

so we have .5 * 113 * 5.55555^2 = 1743.8

so lets see how this compares with out 500 lber punching at 25 kmph or 6.94 Meters per second

sooo now we take .5 *90 * 6.94^2 = 2167.3 guess thats too much

lets try 22 Kmph or 6.11111 meters per second

.5*90 * 6.11^2 = 1679 well thats close enough.

soo essentially what this says is 50 lbs difference is a matter of 2-3 Kmph in punching speed or 1.2 - 1.8 mph.

but of course thats just the energy the fist contains assuming perfect technique and transfer of weight into the punch. as well the elasticity of the object plays a fair importance in how much of this possible energy transfers over. and even then the size of the fist factors into elasticity as a smaller fist has more force per square inch so it can transfer more energy into the object in the short period of time before the object moves from being punched.

which speed is a big factor in as well as the body moving away will have to reach a higher speed before contact is lost allowing for more energy to be transferred so not only do you contain the same amount of possible energy in the punch the one with the higher speed has a greater capacity for transferring its energy.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 03-21-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

According to you a welterweight like Mayweather has punching power equal to a heavy cruserweight or a small heavyweight.

Comment

According to you a welterweight like Mayweather has punching power equal to a heavy cruserweight or a small heavyweight.
                how so?

use math please, the basic equation is 1/2 mass * velocity ^ 2

bob fitzsimmons knocked out 250 lb men at 160.

i dont know about mayweather but id agree that plenty of middle weights and up have power equal to heavies, just not the chin.

as well the longer reach of taller fighters allows for a higher top speed at impact, so shorter fighters with a shorter reach wont be able to achive the same speed at impact, but at the same time can throw punches in rapid fire much more quickly because they dont have to punch as far.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 03-21-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I never said a super heavyweight could take every punch from a cruiserweight, all I said it's according to human logic a skilled, trained 250+ lbs fighter will generally punch harder than a skilled, trained 200 lbs fighter.

Moreover, Emanuel Steward has also said Wlad is one of the hardest hitters in boxing history.

Proof? Joe Louis defeating two big guys proves he hits harder than a todays 250 lbs heavyweight? I don't think so.
                  We are specifically talking about Joe Louis, not some run of the mill fighter. And who's saying he hits harder. I would suggest he may have been ably to, but his knockouts of "super heavyweights " proves he has the power to stop bigger men.

Comment

We are specifically talking about Joe Louis, not some run of the mill fighter. And who's saying he hits harder. I would suggest he may have been ably to, but his knockouts of "super heavyweights " proves he has the power to stop bigger men.
                    Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    lols.... have fun in your dream land.
                    ^ This guy.

Comment

Simultaneously Wlad beating Byrd twice indicates that he would be a major threat to Louis as well.
                      I agree that Wlad would be a major threat to any heavyweight. But he could step to Byrd with a hell of a lot more confidence than he could step to Joe Louis with. The power difference between Byrd and Louis is tremendous.

Comment

Working...
                      X