No announcement yet.

top 10 pound for pound most devastating punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    IMO he is one of the greatest punchers of all time. He's on my top 10 list above.
    I think i say that because id put plenty of guys above him as far as power punching goes.

I just thought...Finito was a great puncher, hows his name not been thrown around all that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
      I think i say that because id put plenty of guys above him as far as power punching goes.

I just thought...Finito was a great puncher, hows his name not been thrown around all that much?

Lopez was capable of ending or turning around a fight with any punch, at any time. Definitely a great puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        Now, since you distinguish between hardest hitting and most devastating, I would be hard pressed to put anyone ahead of Joe Louis.

Guys have hit harder, pound for pound, but not with the same consistency, accuracy, speed, set-up and suddeness which I think is almost unique to him.

and he usually threw two instead of one.

his mastery of distance and offensive timing (the real keys in effective power punching,) is equal or greater than any other fighter. the only other name you see frequently mentioned in this regard is robinson.

he gets my vote certainly for the most potent offensive fighter of all time
        and given his weight, the most devastating man ever in a boxing ring.

probably the most complete and brutal offensive fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          Not hardest hitters necessarily.
          I have to mention Felix Trinidad because some of his KO's left fighters in a heap. His wins over Blocker, Vargas, and Campas were pretty brutal.

Comment

Gary Lockett

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
              Gary Lockett

classic.

classico.

Comment

Julian Jackson
                Gerald McClellan

!!

Comment

Lotsa good choices out there and I'm too lazy to make a list, but Bob Foster was the most devastating puncher I ever watched

Comment

When I think devistating my mind automatically goes to violence. No particular order.

J. Jackson
                    Tyson
                    SRR
                    Tua
                    Foreman
                    Hearns
                    Kirkland
                    Louis
                    Mercer
                    Okay FFS Hamed (I hate adding him to any list other than duck lists)

No offense to the golden age but if I cant see it then I cant say devistating. These guys made me say "Daaaaammmn he whoopin his ass"

Comment

Working...
                    X