• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genaro Hernandez

Comment

Evander Holyfield

Comment

What about Buddy McGirt or Oscar Bonavena?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
          Duran??? At times maybe, outside the ring.
          Yah I know, was hesitant to put him in obviously then I took another look at this picture of him with DeJesus in Hospital.

Shows what kind of person Duran really was behind the beast in the ring.

Genaro Hernandez
          Good call.

Comment

Mark Breland was one the nicest and classiest people in boxing that I can remember. He always showed great dignity in victory or defeat.

Comment

Roy Jones was arrogant in the ring. But outside of it, he did try to help some other guys' careers, namely Wright and Gainer when they otherwise wouldn't have gotten opportunities. And he devoted a lot of time to helping Gerald McClellan and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by LIU KANG View Post
                Roy Jones was arrogant in the ring. But outside of it, he did try to help some other guys' careers, namely Wright and Gainer when they otherwise wouldn't have gotten opportunities. And he devoted a lot of time to helping Gerald McClellan and his family.
                Roy's enormous ego always turned me off, but everyone who I ever heard from that met him said he was super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  So we all know boxers are usually known for bragging and trash talking their opponent to both build themselves up and to provide enough hype and excitement for their upcoming fight. But who are the guys in boxing history that never or almost never did that? Who were and are the nice, classy guys in boxing, that never seemed to badmouth their opponents but were always kind and respectful?
                  Les Darcy, all round nice happy bloke....... outside and usually inside the ring,, he only ever criticised Jeff Smith, anyone else he didn't think much he said so only in private letters to his family. Darcy inside the ring always had a smile on his face, except on a few occasions where he'd lose it and KO his opponents shortly after. Those who knew him said he was the nicest possible fellow...... he was quite unique in many ways, no doubt he had total confidence in his ability,, never felt like he had to prove anything.... Les Darcy makes most lists.... including this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Oscar Bonavena?
                    Im not sure Bonavena was a boxing nice guy.

Bonavena ran into trouble outside the ring with remarks such as calling Muhammad Ali a black kangaroo and even a chicken for draft dodging.

In his pre-fight press conference with Frazier he needled effectively by implying Frazier had a personal hygiene problem. He would start sniffing and grimace. Lawsuits were brought about by reporters with broken cameras; and other such "colorful" behavior. He was always volatile trainers soon discovered.

Comment

Frank Bruno was one of the nicest guys i can remember. His laugh is boss. Such a booming laugh. His partnership with Harry Carpenter was pretty awesome too. Know what i mean 'Arry.

Wlad K seems a classy guy but i have heard that he and Vitali can be pretty ruthless when it comes to business and such. Either way, they've only really lost they're cool with Haye from what i can remember.

Floyd Patterson seemed a great guy too. He kind of reminded me of a guy that didn't really want to fight...he always seemed to be distant. IDK if that makes sense to people but thats how i feel about Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X