No announcement yet.

Boxing's Nice Guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    I know there have been many nice guys in Boxing, my list of nice guys in Boxing are: Louis, Marciano, Tszyu, Cotto, Mosley, Martinez, Bute, Ward, Tua, Vitali, Wladimir and Pacquiao
    I've met David Tua, and I wouldn't describe him as very nice.

Comment

The Klitschko brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Never thought of him as a nice guy but not exactly nasty either, what was the problem when u met him Scott?

How about Johnny Owen?

Comment

Vernon Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
            Vernon Forrest
            I know Vern did alot for people with disadvantages and stuff but ive heard Mixed reviews on him being a nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Never thought of him as a nice guy but not exactly nasty either, what was the problem when u met him Scott?

How about Johnny Owen?
              I saw Tua by himself at the fights about 10 years ago and tried talking to him. He was very aloof and I got the hint right away. Most fighters that I've met were at least good for a smile. The only other fighter I've met who wasn't cordial was Jeff Fenech.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                I know Vern did alot for people with disadvantages and stuff but ive heard Mixed reviews on him being a nice guy
                I never met him, but I've heard the same thing more than once about Forrest.

Comment

I saw Tua by himself at the fights about 10 years ago and tried talking to him. He was very aloof and I got the hint right away. Most fighters that I've met were at least good for a smile. The only other fighter I've met who wasn't cordial was Jeff Fenech.
                  Should have told him he was a slow plodding predictable fat midget and legged it!

Seriously though i cant be done with guys like that especially when his greatest achievement was being mentioned on an episode of Family Guy!

Comment

Really? I've heard from others he is very nice actually I don't remember who but a person said Tua was the nicest athlete he has ever met

Comment

I get you but it could have been his mode, also he doesn't talk trash he is a humble guy I was going by the thread topic but I'm sure a lot of fighters are nice usually.

Comment

Working...
                      X