No announcement yet.

Hardest heavyweight punch of all time to score a k'o or knock down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar
    Down goes Frazier, Down goes Frazier! To me the hardest punch would have to be Big George Forman's complete destruction of then heavyweight champion Joe Frazier. He kept getting up but he was just getting caught flush over and over.
    If the punches were so awesome.....how come Frazier got up SIX times ? Joe was super-tough & impossibly brave, but ....c'mon.

Foreman had incredibly heavy hands.....but was not as explosive as other fighters.

I don't think Joe Louis would need more than two knockdowns before finishing off Frazier.
    Shavers first few flush bombs would have stretched Joe...
    Tyson & Lennox Lewis wouldn't have needed all of those punches & knockdowns, either.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech306
      i forgot who tyson fought but he had already knocked the guy down once. when he got back up tyson put all he had into the right hook. when it connected it turned the guys head all the way to the right and u can see the power just went from his head to his feet and the guy looked like he said OHHHHHHHHH! when he got hit. lol funniest and one of the hardest punches ive seen.
      Funny, because I was about to put that. That was his fight with Michael Johnson in 1985.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson, and when he punched the guy.

The dude never got up. EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by stepmonster
          that frazier ali one is good. the weakest ever is ali foreman. that was such bull.
          I don't know if you're blind, but Foreman's head was moving right into that left hook that sent him down...

Comment

Originally posted by kinkboxer
            let me try again. Maybe the nest punch KO was Jack Johnson vs. Stanley Ketchel in 1909/1910, wish we had a pic of that punch!
            whos this in the pic?

Comment

boxing

george foreman uppercut on gerry cooney

Comment

Marcianos right hand shot on Walcotts jaw

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                  Earnie Shavers' punch that put Holmes down.
                  That's what I was going say! LOL! Also to the Stallion: Peeps who fought both Tyson and Shavers finger Shavers as the harder puncher.

Poet

Comment

This is THEE best shot thrown by a HW

Comment

Shavers was probably a harder puncher in the rawest sense of the word "power". Tyson's right hand was actually his best, most commonly the cause of his one-punch KO's, he just didn't land it flush very often. Tyson's speed and combinations made him one of the most devastating fighters in history.

Ray Robinson's scenario, while sad, is definitely up there.

Marciano vs. Walcott...purest right hand...ever.

Tua had a whopper againsnt Ruiz...though Ruiz sucks anyway.

Frazier's knockdown of Ali was the result of 15 rounds of hellish pressure. Ali was fatigued, and when it seemed like the fight was winding to a close, Joe lept a quarter of the way across the ring with a perfect-motion left hook. It was an accumulation of things besides raw power.

Patterson had a goodie against Johansson.

Comment

Working...
                      X