No announcement yet.

Hardest heavyweight punch of all time to score a k'o or knock down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
    I still think some of the hardest shots ever thrown inside a boxing ring were in the Louis/Schmeling II bout. Joe was on a mission and those shots he hit Max with were thrown with bad intentions and murderous power. He totally annihilated him.
    That fight was amazing and the outcome was perfect for the circumstances surrounding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      That fight was amazing and the outcome was perfect for the circumstances surrounding it.
      Agreed. 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        1. Tyson over Spinks
        2. Foreman over Frazier
        3. Bowe over Gonzalez
        Interesting choice for number 1 sir. I always included that one in the Top 10. Could you elaborate why you put it in there?
        I think the power of that punch was incredible. It send Spinks flying into the ropes.

Comment

• The hardest single shot I remember seeing was Tyson's right hand that crumbled Botha. I remember watching it with a couple guys from the gym and our coach saying after the first slow-mo replay saying "That's how I've been telling you guys to throw the right hand".

One of my favorites to start a sequence was Tua's lunging left hook on ruiz...the followup was kinda fun to watch a lot too

Comment

• Tua vs Ruiz, 19 sec KO.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AVh5TKS80M
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-07-2007, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Some nice Tua KO's:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHf7b4_kMBY
              Man, to see a prime Tyson vs prime Tua would have been a joy.

Comment

• - -I'd put in for the Fitz KO of Corbett that was the first "phantom" punch and paralyzed Corbett who stayed conscious to suffer the pain and helplessness at the hands of his hated rival.

Comment

• The most obvious contender is of course Clay's Phantom Punch. The Moslem wannabe threw a real whistler.

Then there is Jimmy Young pounding Foreman to the canvas. That was brutal for a man with Foreman's pride.

Last but not least, by burka, is Chris Byrd's destruction of big Klit, making the giant squall and quit. Shoulder my ankle, it was Chris's power that did the job on the nasty red.

Comment

Working...
                  X