Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest heavyweight punch of all time to score a k'o or knock down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not really a one punch KO,it's a two left hook KO but I loved Marciano's knockout of Kid Matthews.

Last edited by Hawkins; 10-29-2007, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
      Nice one. Funny how Ellis beat Jerry Quarry, Quarry KO's Shavers in the 1st round, but then Shavers KO's Ellis in the 1st round. Just goes to show, just because you can beat someone, doesn't mean you can beat everyone they've ever beat. Also Frasier beats Ali, Foreman destroys Frasier, then Ali comes back and KO's Foreman.
      Yeah....

I guess part of boxing's lure is that it does not always follow the "A beats B, B beats C, thus, A should beat C" progression.

Comment

• Originally posted by grayfist View Post
        Yeah....

I guess part of boxing's lure is that it does not always follow the "A beats B, B beats C, thus, A should beat C" progression.
        Thank God too, because we would miss out on many exciting fights, with the outcome being unkown.

Comment

• Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
          Thank God too, because we would miss out on many exciting fights, with the outcome being unkown.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalinmybrain View Post
            Panama City is such a beautiful city. Also Roberto Duran is such a bad ass boxer damn he was something else.
            You think?

Comment

• Doesnt Earnie Shavers hold the record for the hardest puncher in history?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onlyme View Post
                Doesnt Earnie Shavers hold the record for the hardest puncher in history?

I don't think something like that could actually be proven, however that is often surmised by lots of fans/historians/experts.

Comment

• p4p shaver's is probably one of the hardest out there.

But I get the sneaking suspicion guys like Foreman, Tua, and Tyson probably all edged him out on power, but i'm only judging by knockout/video footage.

My only reason is guys could hang with Shaver's for quite a few rounds whilst taking a constant beating. Most of Foreman's fights that allowed him to hammer away on his opponent's were quit brutal/short (aside from Ali, who probably suffered internal injuries)

Tua had short arms and limited skill, so he was often played up by better fighter's. However, anyone that usually tried slugging it with him couldn't take the beating.

Tyson - lots of first round KO's and has taken fighters down with body shots, made them cry etc

The hardest knockout I have seen was probably the Tyson vs Williams I think it was (it made a lound sound in the video and he went flying to the other end of the ring)

Other notables are -

Mercer vs Morrison
                  Tua vs Ruiz
                  Foreman vs Frazier
                  any thing with Julian Jackson...

Comment

• Without putting much thought into it, its a toss up between Shavers/Holmes and Tyson/Botha. Both were incredibly hard shots against guys that had decent chins.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                      Without putting much thought into it, its a toss up between Shavers/Holmes and Tyson/Botha. Both were incredibly hard shots against guys that had decent chins.

I still think some of the hardest shots ever thrown inside a boxing ring were in the Louis/Schmeling II bout. Joe was on a mission and those shots he hit Max with were thrown with bad intentions and murderous power. He totally annihilated him.

Comment

Working...
                      X