No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker vs Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
    How has this joker not been banned yet? Every day, I seem him calling a black fighter some kind of racial slur. Not even like veiled racism, just good, old-fashioned hick racism.
    Keep reporting him. Eventually the site administrators will get tired of reading the complaints and ban his stupid a$$.

Comment

Absolutely enjoy both fighters... with that being said, I think technical skill would prevail with Mayweather. I fully acknowledge Sweet Pea's defensive wizardry, but Mayweather's always been able to time his opponents. Then again, Whitaker never really falls into some sort of pattern. But because, Mayweather stays true to the fundamentals and tends to leave the flashy stuff outside of the ring (doesn't address the HBO crew anymore or stick his chin out), I'd think he'd win.

Comment

It would be one of the most bizarre fights ever.

Comment

bump...... Must be one of the only polls Floyd is losing in!

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            bump...... Must be one of the only polls Floyd is losing in!
            He loses in plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
              Based on some interesting exchanges on my Benny Leonard vs Floyd Mayweather thread, I became interested in who would win between Whitaker and Mayweather, I believe Whitaker because in my opinion he has the better defense and throws a greater volume of punches. Thoughts?

at 135 i'm taking whitaker

147 i'm taking floyd

both fights would probably suck. the fight at 147 would really blow

edit :

evidently this is an old thread and i wrote the very same response a few months back.

i'm very glad fenechjeff was banned.
              that guy literally made me want to hurt an old man some thing awful
              Last edited by New England; 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

whitakers got a better defence imo also whitaker has the advantage of being southpaw hes fought more orthadox fighters than floyds fought southpaws floyd tends to stand more straight up against southpaws

Comment

Whitaker was way to good at 135. His skills are incredible even most boxing fans don't see it. Not only was his eye site and reflexes incredible but his hand speed combined with the fact that he never telegraphed anything. Even Floyd has subtle telegraphing going on when he coils. Whitakers footwork was incredible as well, he's move around the ring very quickly in a walking motion as to allow him to fight on the backfoot more effectively and counter punch.

at 147, I give Floyd a shot. A lot of guys however, only beat Whitaker at 147 because os size and power, Floyd still wouldn't have much on pea at 147 - but I see him having a bit more in the tank.

Comment

Either way it's a decision. And one of the most boring fights ever.

At 147, I'd take Floyd. Just a better decision maker. Even if he only throws 27 punches the whole fight, he'll make them count and it's not like Whitaker would have a substantial output either if Floyd had a low output.

Lower. I don't know. Floyd was good but inexperienced; not patient. May get him looking sloppy against Whitaker. So, I'd choose Whitaker below 147.

Comment

bump.............

Comment

Working...
                      X