Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does James Toney Have Better WINS Than Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    Lol that was the first time I've ever seen that happen.
    if you take a gander? it will not take long to see Rick Smith is a troll. Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      if you take a gander? it will not take long to see Rick Smith is a troll. Just a heads up.
      Did our resident Toney fan weigh in on this lol? Overall, seems like Jones has the better wins no? I mean, it was only Darius M people were calling for Jones to fight at light heavy and I believe possibly Benn and McLellan before that? The Darius fight seemed like the biggest missed opportunity. Toney has some good wins, but does Toney really measures up to beating Toney himself, Hopkins and unifying at a weight class, while staying dominant at that class for years?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Did our resident Toney fan weigh in on this lol? Overall, seems like Jones has the better wins no? I mean, it was only Darius M people were calling for Jones to fight at light heavy and I believe possibly Benn and McLellan before that? The Darius fight seemed like the biggest missed opportunity. Toney has some good wins, but does Toney really measures up to beating Toney himself, Hopkins and unifying at a weight class, while staying dominant at that class for years?

Simple answer is "no."

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          [/B]

Simple answer is "no."
          Thanks for the confirmation, my dude. And were those the fights people were wanting as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Thanks for the confirmation, my dude. And were those the fights people were wanting as well?
            Jones got off to an early start and coasted. Toney bless his heart, always has loved to fight and would fight anyone, anytime, at the drop of a hat. A lot like his mentor Archie Moore.

I think it may have been Joe Rein (another Toney fan) who told me Ray Robinson did not even really like to fight lol... He wanted to be a dancer. In a way Jones is like that. Although to his credit, he did throw the yoke off from his father who would have ruined him... Much like Rickie Hatton. When he fought Zoo Hatton was a phenomenon! Quick feet, aggression.

After that fight his father took over and ruined him. Made him the mad humper until he could cash out against Floyd. Safety first, had to have that perfect record.

So Toney was always willing regarding fights. Jones, much less so, but he put the work in early.

Comment

Nah. Roy beat Bernard Hopkins and James Toney. Also knocked out Montell Griffin who beat James Toney twice. Beat Ruiz at Heavyweight and had other solid wins as well.

Comment

Working...
              X