The All-TIME GREATS THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Why not just have one weight class!!!! oh those greedy ABC people
    Translation: CondomBoi can't respond intelligently to the post so he resorts to a mindless reductio ad absurdum. Typical

Poet

Comment

Ah, I'm a bit lazy-minded today, but lets try to shoot off some great pre marque fighters. In no particular order:

James Figg, Jack Slack, Jem Belcher, Jem Mace, Jem Ward, James Burke, Tommy Sayer, Peter Corcoran, James Ambrose, Jack Nonpareil Dempsey, John Heenan, Tom Allen, Tom Molineaux, Tom Cribb, Joe Coburn, Peter Jackson, Nat Langham, Tom King, Mike McCoole, Jimmy Elliot, Henry Broome, Tom Paddock, Will Perry, Joe Goss, Billy Edwards, Arthur Chambers, Bob Brettle, Larry Foley, Mike Dooley, Will Miller, Bill Farnan, Paddy Slavin, Charlie Mitchell, Jack McAuliffe, Pete McCoy, George LaBlanche, Jimmy Carrol, Andy Bowen, and Jack Burke.

I tried to not name the obvious transitional guys. I figure either they've been named, or will be named.

Comment

i haven't gone through the entire thread, but i never saw billy conn's name

he was on the first hall of fame ballot, if i'm not mistaken

'90.

good vintage ^^

Comment

I vote for McCallum, for McFarland.
          I expand every ounce of my being voting for Joe Frazier.
          Vote against Calslappy.
          Oh and Vote for Harold Johnson. I got your back Iron Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
            I vote for McCallum, for McFarland.
            I expand every ounce of my being voting for Joe Frazier.
            Vote against Calslappy.
            Oh and Vote for Harold Johnson. I got your back Iron Dan.

Thanks brother! Harold Johnson definitely an ATG in my book. Exceptional resume and talent.

I'm going to echo your no vote for Joe Calzaghe.

Definitely not an ATG IMO.

Comment

Vote against Slappin' Joe!

I'm having a bad morning so I can't think of any that haven't been said, so that's all I'll do for now.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Julian Jackson
                Steve Collins
                Herol Graham
                Sumbu Kalambay
                Donald Curry
                Michael Watson

I mean seriously

Oh and McCallum is far and away the greatest light middleweight ever
                Yes Poet, a fraudulent division indeed..... Those are some reasonable fighters,... but hardly a list of ATG's.... The only real jr divisions that I rate are Jr WW, JrLW, and Jr FW... there have been many great fighters...... I admit that McCallum was a champion of his time... but not for all time....... but there are 150 positions to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Yes Poet, a fraudulent division indeed..... Those are some reasonable fighters,... but hardly a list of ATG's.... The only real jr divisions that I rate are Jr WW, JrLW, and Jr FW... there have been many great fighters...... I admit that McCallum was a champion of his time... but not for all time....... but there are 150 positions to fill.

So a division is fraudulent because lol let me guess you can actually watch the fights? How old are you? Were you even alive when there wasn't a light middleweight division?

Oh McCallum has easily one of the top 5 resumes of the past 25 years its a joke that I even have to have this conversation.

Comment

It's unfair to rate Lewis, Fenech, Tsyzu etc as ATGs and not Johnson IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      Ah, I'm a bit lazy-minded today, but lets try to shoot off some great pre marque fighters. In no particular order:

James Figg, Jack Slack, Jem Belcher, Jem Mace, Jem Ward, James Burke, Tommy Sayer, Peter Corcoran, James Ambrose, Jack Nonpareil Dempsey, John Heenan, Tom Allen, Tom Molineaux, Tom Cribb, Joe Coburn, Peter Jackson, Nat Langham, Tom King, Mike McCoole, Jimmy Elliot, Henry Broome, Tom Paddock, Will Perry, Joe Goss, Billy Edwards, Arthur Chambers, Bob Brettle, Larry Foley, Mike Dooley, Will Miller, Bill Farnan, Paddy Slavin, Charlie Mitchell, Jack McAuliffe, Pete McCoy, George LaBlanche, Jimmy Carrol, Andy Bowen, and Jack Burke.

I tried to not name the obvious transitional guys. I figure either they've been named, or will be named.
                      Good god Marchegiano, you are a gem. I vote yes to all of the above, I think I'll expand the List to the top 200 from 1700 to the most recently retired...... what would we ever do without you man.... good to see you again, We need a new Bare-Knuckle LPRR thread, don't you agree ????.... I read the Jem Belcher Vs James deaf un Bourke fight from a newspaper,.. and I wrote about it on the Newspaper Fight report Thread,.... that thread needs you man,.... and an incredible a,ount of awesome links to Pioneer and old-timer bouts...... there just ain't enough posters here that know the great bare knuckle fighters..... Les Darcy knocked out Bob Whitelaw in their second fight,... Whitelaw was a Bare-knuckle fighter too,.. so Darcy was very tough/.

Comment

Working...
                      X