No announcement yet.

Liston vs Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    I thought Vitali was down against Sanders personally, but thats certainly up for debate.

he certainly was hurt.
    Exactly. Sanders can really whack tho so there is no shame in it. It just bothers me a bit that there is this "indestructible" myth about Vitali, he was also flattened in Kick Boxing, i think Oleg Maskaev even KO'd him there

Different sport i know but the man is human, some would have us believe otherwise

Comment

Liston is invincible cause he were born before the 70's, therefore he wins by ko in three rounds...

Nah, I think Vitali's chin is great and he'll outwork Liston, who I think is overrated by his "aura".

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Vitali is invincible cause he's an active fighter, therefore he wins by ko in three rounds...
        ^^^^^ A more accurate rendering of your position.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          LOL Liston isn't a body puncher Vitali has already taken him out of his game. Also lol at Vitali not being able to "take it" Vitali has never even been down

Have you ever watched Liston fight?

Comment

LOL Liston isn't a body puncher Vitali has already taken him out of his game. Also lol at Vitali not being able to "take it" Vitali has never even been down
            You would be better off admitting you know very little about Liston. You're clearly out of your league in this discussion and it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              You would be better off admitting you know very little about Liston. You're clearly out of your league in this discussion and it shows.
              Also known as "talking outta your ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                Apparently even the most obvious things in this section require a clear explanation.

Vitali "quit" because of a torn rotator cuff aka an injury. Maybe I should post a link to the dictionary in case people don't know what an injury is. (use google if you're confused)

Liston quit because he felt impotent in the ring. To his credit he had enough heart to at least try to cheat to win, no doubt drawing on his impressive background as a criminal.

Only to squander any pretense of being a winner by taking a dive in the rematch.

Now if anyone could point to Vitali or Wlad even coming close to doing any of those things, I'd love to read about it.

Non-fiction only plox.

You're forgetting Liston lasted the distance in his fight with Marty Marshal despite fighting with a broken jaw for 4 rounds.

I might add he knocked Marty Marshall down 4 times on route to a TKO win in the rematch.

Comment

Liston had all round good body punching and a monster straight right to the body,

Comment

I will recommend you to go watch some fights of Sonny Liston and then comment. You will then learn that you are just talking garbage here.

Liston will hurt Vitaly to the body like no one else ever has.
                    If you watched even a iota of Liston you will agree. Why don't you simply see how he bangs Floyd to the body, before he hits to the head.

@Folly Cooly:-
                    As for the insipid comments, about Vitaly quitting and Liston quitting.
                    Liston had a dislocated shoulder in teh first fight. Since boxing is done with the hands I doubt many will like to chase to a young fast fighter with a dislocated shoulder. Atleast a doctor diagnosed a muscular or tendon injury in the area.

He was a criminal and street tough...Vitaly will find his face implanted with warts of all kinds once Liston is through with him. The man fought with a broken jaw, I doubt Vitaly can do that.

Liston knocked out guys with a JAB, yea a JAB , which you dream even today Vitaly will do and wet your pants with. He knocked guys with left hand hooks and his right hands. Over all amuch more complete puncher than Vitaly.

Get over it man , he was a better boxer than your god.
                    Last edited by Greatest1942; 09-07-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Liston is made to order for Vitali in every way smaller slower weaker and comes forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X