Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liston vs Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at Liston having faster hands than Vitali and Vitali punches on Liston's chin>>>>>Liston's punches on Vitali's chin. Also an 84 inch reach means close to nothing when you're giving up 6 inches in height.

Liston is made to order for VItali

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Maybe that's so. But when I watch the Klitschkos fight (and it's poor evidence because of the sorry state of their comp, I'll admit), it seems like they know exactly where to put their hands to shield their faces from a punch coming up. And I know for a fact that punching down is no problem. I'm real tall and every time I've ever been in a fight, I've had to throw downward. If anything, I feel like I hit harder like that. The angle for punching down is a lot easier than the angle for punching up.

It's an interesting question, but I really do think that height is a factor. By itself, not much, but if you know how to use it, it can be big. George Foreman always used to talk about it. Your body type can be an advantage, no matter what, as long as you know how to effectively utilize it.
      You feel like you hit harder but you actually don't: You lose leverage punching down (as you do punching up). Maximum leverage and power is straight out at the end of the punch. It's one of the reasons why you can generate more power to the body than the head when you're a swarmer (not that you can't generate power to the head but the most vicious body punchers I've seen were swarmers).

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        I'm sure that was your favorite part of the book for your imagination. Forget the boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Well Byrd IS an obese Middleweight who ate his into the Heavies.....and I don't think I'd have TOO difficult a time coming up with more than a hundred Heavies that were better than him :chuckle9:

There's also a pretty obvious difference between an old man saying "**** this I'm too old for this ****" and a young in-prime fighter doing it.

Poet
          I agree 100%...Liston was old and he severely underestimated Clay.

"He ain't whipped nobody! Who's he whipped?" Liston, sitting down, patted a leg and said, "Little boy, come sit in my lap."

he had no respect and he did not train..he did find that Clay ws better than he imagined...and then may be "he quit"...we will not know

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            LOL at Liston having faster hands than Vitali and Vitali punches on Liston's chin>>>>>Liston's punches on Vitali's chin. Also an 84 inch reach means close to nothing when you're giving up 6 inches in height.

Liston is made to order for VItali
            Well...Liston might not hit his head..he will hit his body...so what? I doubt VItaly can take it....

LOL AT VITALY HAVING FASTER HANDS THAN LISTON...

LISTONS PUNCHES ON VITALYS CHIN >>>> VITALY"S PUNCHES ON LISTON"S CHIN

Great arguements you are on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              You feel like you hit harder but you actually don't: You lose leverage punching down (as you do punching up). Maximum leverage and power is straight out at the end of the punch. It's one of the reasons why you can generate more power to the body than the head when you're a swarmer (not that you can't generate power to the head but the most vicious body punchers I've seen were swarmers).

Poet
              It really depends on how you move. I don't really want to call it technique, but you can punch down just as hard as you punch out if you're used to it. Believe me.

Comment

Apparently even the most obvious things in this section require a clear explanation.

Vitali "quit" because of a torn rotator cuff aka an injury. Maybe I should post a link to the dictionary in case people don't know what an injury is. (use google if you're confused)

Liston quit because he felt impotent in the ring. To his credit he had enough heart to at least try to cheat to win, no doubt drawing on his impressive background as a criminal.

Only to squander any pretense of being a winner by taking a dive in the rematch.

Now if anyone could point to Vitali or Wlad even coming close to doing any of those things, I'd love to read about it.

Non-fiction only plox.

Comment

For me its an easy pick - Sonny Liston. And he Could get him outta there, Vitali is solid but not unbreakable, he's been stunned in the pro's and Sparked cold in Kickboxing. Tough tough guy tho Vitali. Liston tho would back him up and land stiff jabs on the bigman before whaling away with Monster shots, One way or another Sonny is winning this and i tend to lean towards a KO win myself

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                    Well...Liston might not hit his head..he will hit his body...so what? I doubt VItaly can take it....

LOL AT VITALY HAVING FASTER HANDS THAN LISTON...

LISTONS PUNCHES ON VITALYS CHIN >>>> VITALY"S PUNCHES ON LISTON"S CHIN

Great arguements you are on fire.
                    LOL Liston isn't a body puncher Vitali has already taken him out of his game. Also lol at Vitali not being able to "take it" Vitali has never even been down

Comment

I thought Vitali was down against Sanders personally, but thats certainly up for debate.

he certainly was hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X