Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is marciano's win over Joe Louis underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does seem CHarles gets more credit for his points victory over past it Louis than Marciano's brutal KO.

Comment

louis was a shell of the fighter he once was when marciano beat him, that said he was still a decent HW which tells u how great he was in his prime. nothing special in terms of adding to marcians legacy though and louis wouldve killed him in his prime.

Comment

Louis had already retired once and was only fighting for the money. It meant about as much as Lewis beating Tyson when he did.

Comment

Marciano's win over Louis means nothing.........
          Sad to watch...........

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
            Marciano's win over Louis means nothing.........
            Sad to watch...........
            While it doesn't compare to a prime Louis I wouldn't say it means nothing. Louis had beaten some good fighters after coming back to get ranked in the top 10. This was a catalyst to get Marciano his title shot.

Comment

See look nobody gives the win any credit. You actually think joe louis would have "killed" marciano? Really? I can see him winning on points, but whooping marciano? Sorry, no.

" a shell of his former self ", funny he didn't look like a shell when he beat savold. But when he steps to marciano he's 100% shot and past it.

sad

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                See look nobody gives the win any credit. You actually think joe louis would have "killed" marciano? Really? I can see him winning on points, but whooping marciano? Sorry, no.

" a shell of his former self ", funny he didn't look like a shell when he beat savold. But when he steps to marciano he's 100% shot and past it.

sad
                Anything with Louis post WW II is past prime. Anything after getting thoroughly whipped by Charles is a shell of Joe Louis. Savold had lost 35 times when he fought Louis, so beating him wasn't really all that special.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post

sad

I thought the knockout of Savold was impressive, but he looked an old Joe Louis before then. Low on workrate, handspeed and reactions. I wouldn't have thrown him in with Marciano based on the Savold fight.

But I suppose Rocky was at that point seen as a little green.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza
                    you just hate white boxers
                    I never understood where this kinda claim comes from. Step it up, dude. If you want to argue legitimately go for it, but that's just ridiculous. What about what he said wasn't true? I know he can speak for himself and all but this kinda shit just pisses me off. Louis wasn't at his best for the Marciano win. You asked a question about it, didn't get the answer you wanted. Don't cry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      I never understood where this kinda claim comes from. Step it up, dude. If you want to argue legitimately go for it, but that's just ridiculous. What about what he said wasn't true? I know he can speak for himself and all but this kinda shit just pisses me off. Louis wasn't at his best for the Marciano win. You asked a question about it, didn't get the answer you wanted. Don't cry about it.
                      Why does race always rear it's head in these threads. The strength of boxing is the multi racial aspect of it. No race is excluded in boxings hall of fame. The strength of this site is a English fossil like me can have a good natured difference of opinion with a 18yo black lad in America. Saddens me to see some use this site and boxing in general to advance a poisonous agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X