Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think lennox could beat ali.. lennox= greatest HW ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would be a tough opponent for Ali, but I honestly don't see him winning a fight. Lewis's size, caution, power, strength and ability would make him a tough prospect for anyone but one thing I don't think anyone has touched on is Ali's workrate and punch output...........far superior than Lewis's. I'd favour Ali by decision.

I doubt Lewis would be able to knock Ali out, Ali's chin was superb and if I think about it, I can't think of a decision win for Lewis in which he really shone over the full 12 round distance of the fight and that includes both Holyfield fights and Tua too. Ali's distance workrate was still pretty good in the mid to late 70s.

Lewis was quite lively against Tony Tucker. But Lewis was fodder for Bruno's jab in the very next fight and McCall's right two fights later, Lewis wasn't technically developed at that point. I wouldn't rate a pre Manny Steward Lewis's chances despite his athleticism at the lighter weight back in the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      I agree - Pacquiao has taken a page out of the book of Lewis and waited for opportune times to face big name opposition.
      Who are you agreeing with - yourself?

I have already heard your sorry defense of Lennox Lewis so there is no need to go over it again.
      Don't worry. I wasn't breathless with anticipation.

The guy made a thread saying Lewis is the greatest of all time, and you comment on what I said? That's what's most shocking to me. Talk about being bias. This kid should be red K'd and flamed to death yet you come to me to defend Lennox Lewis - that to me is laughable.
      The opening post makes no sense (the title opens the doors for debate whilst the content closes them) - but this doesn't preclude the possibility that other posters will contribute to an interesting discussion. Filling the thread with more of the same serves no purpose. Which is why the reputation button was invented in the first place.

Comment

Lewis is a top 10 heavyweight but certainly not the greatest of all time,hes towards the bottom of my top ten list,you may aswell claim Tyson is the GOAT,you are way off,as Klitschko nuthuggers generally are

Comment

He could, but the odds are far better Ali beats Lennox.

Comment

he wouldn't beat Ali. Guys that beat Ali are swarmers with heart and a good left hook. Guys like Tyson, Dempsey, Marciano, would have chances with prime Ali.

Lewis would get outjabbed, outhustled and eventually outpointed.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
              he wouldn't beat Ali. Guys that beat Ali are swarmers with heart and a good left hook. Guys like Tyson, Dempsey, Marciano, would have chances with prime Ali.

Lewis would get outjabbed, outhustled and eventually outpointed.
              Overall I'd pick Ali. But if Norton could beat him and fight him close two other times I's give Lewis a chance at doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Overall I'd pick Ali. But if Norton could beat him and fight him close two other times I's give Lewis a chance at doing the same.
                Yea...I might add that a certain guy called Young also gave Ali a lot of trouble. Not only swarmers. Lewis could do it, he has the added size and also the better power. Lewis right hand is one of the best in history.

Who will I favour is an entirely different question? Ali definitely. But I will give Lewis a chance, and wont be jumping up and down in case of an upset.

Comment

Lewis would have a chance against the Ali that turned up for Young or the Norton fights. But lets face it.............that was not prime Ali. Ali's prime came 6 years before the first Norton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Lewis would have a chance against the Ali that turned up for Young or the Norton fights. But lets face it.............that was not prime Ali. Ali's prime came 6 years before the first Norton fight.
                    When was his prime ? 6 years before Norton, you mean pre exile right?

I suppose his prime was in the Folley fight. right?

Or was it against Doug Jones, Chuvalo etc etc.

Who did Ali beat in his supposed prime that you think resembles Lewis stylistically?
                    Who of that bunch at that point in their career will you favour over lewis?
                    Anyways I favour Ali, but I give Lewis a chance. Which is quite reasonable IMO. Since Ali was troubled by lesser fighters than Lewis.

I see the fight 60-40 in favour of Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      There's no way Ali in his prime would lose to Norton. And Norton was always a bad style matchup for Ali. Lewis wasn't the same as norton anyways

Comment

Working...
                      X