No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun :-

1) Ali is top 2. But there are too many worshippers in the church of Ali now. Who always blow him up. To them Ali getting beaten by some one is not even a remote possibility.

2)Liston is hyped up to support the Ali myth.

3)Rosenbloom is top 20 P4P, though I dont see him in any list

4) Sam langford is p4p #1.

And I can go on...but enough controversial statements for now.

Comment

Nonito donaire is the hardest punching bantamweight i've ever seen

and i've done some serious looking in light of his recent performances.

scary power in both hands.
      and i don't know how he does it, but he's somehow able to make BW (at 27 i believe) while physically being the size of at least a big FW, without draining himself in the least.

flame on

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Hagler wasn't intimidated by Duran.
        Muhammad Ali is borderline Top 10 P4P.
        I don't think that's unpopular either.

Ali is boarderline Top 20 in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think that's unpopular either.

Ali is boarderline Top 20 in my book.

ding ding

you win the thread. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
            Jimmy Wilde not an ATG? I can understand that point, he had a long title reign and an amazing KO percentage, but not many top names on his resume. Still greatest British fighter of all time in my opinion. Whether that means he's an ATG is another matter.
            I did not say he wasn't an ATG, I said he wasn't top tier.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
              Old time fighters of the past are all overrated. No one of this generation especially under 30 years old should be judging how great those fighters were because most evidences found were written with biased (promotional, cultural bias, personal vendetta by the writer, etc.). Also, old time boxers weren't as athletic or as well conditioned as the fighters today who can afford i.e. Pacquiao, Duckweather, Rios who hired a conditioning coach like Donaire, and others. That is why old records are being broken left and right.

Yea, come at me.

I'd sure like to hear some examples of the biased and personal vendetta's you speak of as well as all these records that are being broken by modern boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                Pernell Whitaker is an overrated boxer that no one outside the U.S. ever heard of.

Next, Winky Wright is an overrated defensive fighter who in reality was a boring fighter inside the ring.

Bernard Hopkins although winning the match against Jean Pascal is lackluster because of the young fighter gassing out mid-rounds. It made an ancient boxer look 20 years younger than he should be.

Old time fighters of the past are all overrated. No one of this generation especially under 30 years old should be judging how great those fighters were because most evidences found were written with biased (promotional, cultural bias, personal vendetta by the writer, etc.). Also, old time boxers weren't as athletic or as well conditioned as the fighters today who can afford i.e. Pacquiao, Duckweather, Rios who hired a conditioning coach like Donaire, and others. That is why old records are being broken left and right.

I think the sexiest females in the world lives in Eastern Europe. Followed by South Americans then by Asians. Mixed girls especially of black, Asian, white, or Hispanic flavors look to me to be the best blend of female you can get.

Unpopular views, Republicans should be eliminated from Congress and in U.S. politics because most of them are closet ****sexuals who likes to sleep with men unlike the Democrats who keep getting caught sleeping with women. When I meet a Republican voter they are dumb, if they are intelligent they are mostly smug pretentious idiots who thinks they are god's gift on Earth, has a low paying job, if they have a high paying job it is usually contracted through the military/government, alcoholics, and talk bad about their wives.

Yea, come at me.
                So because he hasnt got fame on his side hes overrated? and why exactly is he overrated?
                Can you provide evidence that this is true apart from an assumption. I've seen old timers and new timers fight on film and there's no great disparity in speed, that's of course when you look past poorer quality of film.

Comment

I think prime Tyson, Foreman and Maybe Liston could have knocked out any heavyweight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by rosspot69 View Post
                    I think prime Tyson, Foreman and Maybe Liston could have knocked out any heavyweight ever.

This opinion sounds more "undisputable" rather than "unpopular".

Comment

Genius thread.

1. Marciano is my favorite HW because IMO h2h he's got a a good chance against anyone.

2. The golden age of boxing came slightly before Ali, and the others. To me the era that held Louis, Moore, and Robinson was the golden era.

3. LPRR was cooler than any sport we have today.

4. I seriously believe 155lbs of Tom Sayers kills a Klitschko. Not metaphorically. With or without gloves.

5. semi-unpopular: Freddie Roach is a dumb bastard...just really a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X