Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Any Fighter in History Brawl With (Prime, Pre-Ali) Foreman And Come Out On Top?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Any Fighter in History Brawl With (Prime, Pre-Ali) Foreman And Come Out On Top?

I'm skeptical anyone could survive.

Liston could do it because Foreman spoke highly of him about their sparring matches. Foreman was prime for Ali though.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
      Liston could definitely do it because Foreman spoke highly of him about their sparring matches. Foreman was prime for Ali though.
      After Ali he was psychologically not the same as before, so I'm limiting it to before that fight.

Also Liston wasn't really a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        After Ali he was psychologically not the same as before, so I'm limiting it to before that fight.
        Yeah, Foreman went a bit mental after but I was saying Foreman's prime included the Ali fight. It's a side point though, a pre-Ali Foreman does just fine for this topic.
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I don't see anyone really doing it, Liston would have to use his boxing skill and ability a little bit, in an all out brawl Foreman would come on top of everyone, he had devastating two handed power and was not cursed with a poor chin like so many other great punchers.

Comment

Sonny Liston could outbrawl George Foreman if he so pleased.

He could and probably would beat Foreman without making it a brawl but if he decided he wanted to brawl he could 'outbrawl' him.

Comment

Charles Liston...............

Comment

Foreman was prime in the Ali fight physically. I'm confident that Ali was the only man who could stop him in any era

Comment

I wouldn't write off prime Riddick Bowe's chances. He had a superb chin, size and power too.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
                    I don't see anyone really doing it, Liston would have to use his boxing skill and ability a little bit, in an all out brawl Foreman would come on top of everyone, he had devastating two handed power and was not cursed with a poor chin like so many other great punchers.
                    I agree with this, although I also wouldn't favor Liston over him straight-up either unlike most people here.

Comment

Working...
                    X