No announcement yet.

Did Ingemar Johansson have one of the hardest punches ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asian_sensation
    But his chin was shaky, and I heard upon Liston's entrance into the ring for the third Patterson fight, so were his knees.

shaky??? Floyd Patterson had the worst chin in history, it was pure crystal, i think he was knocked out the most times of any hw champ in history
    Last edited by phallus; 12-24-2004, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
      Oh, that's all it takes to make a fighter great....to actually BE FROM SOMEWHERE ?
      No to actually be from Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by beeatch!
        shaky??? he had the worst chin in history, it was pure crystal, i think he was knocked out the most times of any hw champ in history
        Except Patterson.

Comment

Great right hand power. If Ingo hit you with anything resembling a right hand punch, he hurt you. Still the rest of him was pretty ordinary. I think you'd have to rank even Willard, Braddock, and the other lesser champions above him. As limited as they were (compared to guys like Ali, Louis, and Marciano) they at least possessed a handful of championship qualities whereas Ingo only had that punch. If you were to take it away from him, he would have been a decent journeyman at best.

Comment

No, Ingemar just happened to meet one of the weakest heavyweight .

Comment

Patterson was a *****, Ali KNOCKED HIM OUT WITH A JAB!

Comment

Originally posted by beeatch!
                Patterson was a *****, Ali KNOCKED HIM OUT WITH A JAB!

That's not remotely true.

Patterson took hundreds of punches from Ali in fight #1. A fight in which Floyd was being effected by terrible back spasms.

In fight # 2....Floyd was stopped on a cut....& from taking a beating.

Comment

Patterson is extreamly under-rated. He didn't have a good set of whiskers but you don't go all those rounds with Quarry and Bonavena and have a glass chin. He got knocked down (not out) the most times out of all of the HW champs but the majority of those were in the first Johansson fight and with a modern referee that fight would've been stopped after the 2nd or 3rd knockdown . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dempseyfire
                    Patterson is extreamly under-rated. He didn't have a good set of whiskers but you don't go all those rounds with Quarry and Bonavena and have a glass chin. He got knocked down (not out) the most times out of all of the HW champs but the majority of those were in the first Johansson fight and with a modern referee that fight would've been stopped after the 2nd or 3rd knockdown . . .
                    No, the man was protected by Cus D'Amato from any serious opposition at heavyweight. Cus knew something long before Ingemar did. That explains Patterson's little disguise after the Liston fight.

Comment

ingo only had 2 loses both 2 patterson a hall of famer so the man was pretty good as for his power he had patterson down 7 times in one round and ali couldnt knock him down at all in 2 fights i believe but yet he knocked down foreman so ingo could punch

Comment

Working...
                      X