No announcement yet.

Wlad vs the greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    only lennox can hang with the k bros...the rest are on for a beat down imo.
    Now that we've gotten the 'tard opinion out of the way let's get the opinions of people who actually know wtf they're talking about.

Poet

Comment

No comments on my post then? I must say, Max Baer, with his power, would also have a puncher's chance naturally and could ko Wladimir, and he was a swarmer but he couldnt wear down Wladimir, if he tried he'd get beaten down. So you'd have to be a guy with very fast hands and ko power, like Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        No comments on my post then? I must say, Max Baer, with his power, would also have a puncher's chance naturally and could ko Wladimir, and he was a swarmer but he couldnt wear down Wladimir, if he tried he'd get beaten down. So you'd have to be a guy with very fast hands and ko power, like Sanders.
        I think you gave wlad too much credit. Mainly the Wlad koing prime George.

Not only did Lyle hit tremendously hard, but Foreman was damn near the worst part of his career at that point. George at his peak isn't even losing a decision to Wlad. Not every fight is going to take place in Zaire.

And ali getting stopped? He couldn't even stop Haye. Ali had an A++ chin, even better than Vitalis.

Comment

I honestly don't see Wlad being outboxed, not even by Ali. His size combined with his pure athleticism, skill, speed, and power should not be underestimated. The only real knock on Wlad is his toughness, ability to cope with pressure and stamina.

I think he would be at risk for KO from a number of all time greats, but his size would really make it difficult for the undersized greats to get to him.

I would say based on physical talent, Wlad has the tools to beat any of the greats. His toughness and durability, however..

Comment

Originally posted by hebi View Post
            I honestly don't see Wlad being outboxed, not even by Ali. His size combined with his pure athleticism, skill, speed, and power should not be underestimated.
            Ali had the greater reach of the two, was far more athletic, light years ahead in skills, and WAY faster in terms of speed. Power isn't going to trouble Ali.

Poet

Comment

yes power is not going to hurt ali, the guy that got K.O'd by a tiny brit can and went life and death with a 5'11 fat LHW named joe frazier

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Ali had the greater reach of the two, was far more athletic, light years ahead in skills, and WAY faster in terms of speed. Power isn't going to trouble Ali.

Poet

bing bang boom
                send that guy home haha

since when did ali have trouble taking punches?
                or getting out of the way of them for that matter...

and how's wladimir going to behave when he's got a jab in his face for a change?
                not like joe frazier, i'll venture to guess

wladimir would be stronger, taller, bigger, and the better puncher
                but that doesn't win you fights

he'd be seriously lacking in virtually every other category, from chin, to speed, intangibles, you name it

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                  yes power is not going to hurt ali, the guy that got K.O'd by a tiny brit can
                  A tiny Brit can that Ali slaughtered like hog.

and went life and death with a 5'11 fat LHW named joe frazier
                  Oh, mean a 205-210 pound ATG Heavyweight named Joe Frazier.

Unlike your favorite Eurofrauds nobody ever counted 10 over Ali.

Poet

Comment

yes power is not going to hurt ali, the guy that got K.O'd by a tiny brit can and went life and death with a 5'11 fat LHW named joe frazier
                    What Brit ever ko'd Ali, and when was Frazier EVER a light heavyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
                      According to boxrec Wlad has a 1" reach advantage. Ali was faster and more athletic than Wlad, but Wlad is not a slouch in those departments at all.

Light years ahead in skills? Wrong. Wlad is a tremendously skilled heavyweight with a much greater punch variety than Ali. Wlad is also a very accurate puncher, and is intelligent enough in the ring to time Ali.

Power bothers everyone. Ali was as tough as they come, but that does not mean he could not be hurt. Be realistic on every point, do not blur them to suit an overall legacy.

I believe it would be an interesting fight, one which Wlad has the tools to give Ali great problems. Ali would not be able to dance around the ring and make Wlad look like a fool as he did with many opponents. Ali had the intangibles as another poster has pointed out, and for that reason I would probably pick him to beat Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X