Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Billion: Calzaghe true great or over rated fraud?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post

Self-hating white....

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Comment

Calzaghe is not an all time great at all but hes also not a fraud. He was a very good fighter who could adapt and didnt tire much. But the fact that he fought 2 real ATG'S when they were no longer in their primes and still got dropped by both of them leads me to believe that they would have disposed of him when they were in their primes. With Jones in his prime Calzaghe wouldnt have made it out of the 1st round and with a prime Hopkins he would have been schooled and stopped late.

Calzaghe: Good fighter-YES All time great-NO Fraud-NO

Comment

Calzaghe is definitely a great fighter and a Hall of Famer.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Calzaghe is definitely a great fighter and a Hall of Famer.
            While he will get into the HOF I don't see how he is a great.

Comment

While he will get into the HOF I don't see how he is a great.
              His quality of opposition isn't exactly the greatest and that's what hinders him from being an ATG. But his resume is solid and he defeated everyone he faced. Standout wins include Hopkins (could've gone either way but he, at worse, hung tough with an ATG), Kessler, Brewer and Sheika. The latter two were good wins at the time he had them. Annihilated the extremely overhyped Lacy. Don't give it much credit but with the exception of Ottke (and because Ottke didn't want the fight), he beat nearly every credible contender in his division over a long period of time.

Comment

His quality of opposition isn't exactly the greatest and that's what hinders him from being an ATG. But his resume is solid and he defeated everyone he faced. Standout wins include Hopkins (could've gone either way but he, at worse, hung tough with an ATG), Kessler, Brewer and Sheika. The latter two were good wins at the time he had them. Annihilated the extremely overhyped Lacy. Don't give it much credit but with the exception of Ottke (and because Ottke didn't want the fight), he beat nearly every credible contender in his division over a long period of time.
                Ahh my bad, by great I thought you meant all-time great, fair enough.

Comment

Ahh my bad, by great I thought you meant all-time great, fair enough.
                  [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cry2hN-xUQM/SHtjtOc_6FI/AAAAAAAAAGg/bArv-bN8cmI/s400/*****+Hell+No.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cry2hN-xUQM/SHtjtOc_6FI/AAAAAAAAAGg/bArv-bN8cmI/s400/*****+Hell+No.jpg[/IMG]
                    I actually got red K'ed for posting *****s inauguration speech on here.

Comment

I actually got red K'ed for posting *****s inauguration speech on here.
                      I don't even know how to make head or tail of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X