Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Billion: Calzaghe true great or over rated fraud?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Lol someone knocked at my door a minute ago and i half expected it to be Joey Zags with a baseball bat!

I thought Calzaghe was a contraversial one and would inspire a passionate debate and i want a Billion points damn it! lol

was it a faint tapping sound?

like the soft hands of a kitten scratching at your door?

lol!

taking shots across the bow at calzaghe for not having punching power is too easy. he really did have hands like a six year old

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
      Couldn't agree with you more. The only other Super-Middleweight in the brief history of the division that could have put on a performance like Joe's against Lacey was Roy Jones Jr. Lacey was overrated, but he was knocking out everyone put in front of him and had a scary aura about him. Joe demolished that aura, and Lacey was never the same again.
      lol wat? Toney would have turned Lacy inside out. He was way better than Lacy and stylistically would have had a field day with him as well. Lacy certainly wouldnt see the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Calzaghes resume is not an 8 nor a 7.

I'm saying that's too high.
        I mean 7 is reasonable because a top 100 ATG the lowest I'd give them is an 8 and I don't think Calzaghe is top 100. But is at least a 7.

Hopkins was an A level win would be an A+ if Hopkins was young though because speed killed him.

Jeff Lacey was a C win would be a B if he did more but since he hasn't done ***** a C because EVERYBODY thought he would win and thought he was the next big thing in boxing.

Kessler is a B level win. Reid & Eubanks are C level wins, Manfredo a D+. I mean it isn't nothing special. I think it's a 6 or 7 at the least. Because a full 10 is obviously an A+ level. 9.5 an A. 9 B+, 8.5 a B, 8 a B. 7.5 a C+. 7 a C, 6.5 a D+, 6 a D, ect. ect.

He ain't nothing impressive but he's a little bit above average.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          lol wat? Toney would have turned Lacy inside out. He was way better than Lacy and stylistically would have had a field day with him as well. Lacy certainly wouldnt see the final bell.
          Not only that, but Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank fought at Super-Middle and both of them destroy Lacy.

Poet

Comment

Calslappy is and always will be a joke. Carl Froch has already surpassed him as a fighter

Comment

Calzaghe was a bit overrated, like any other Briton fighter. He was a good boxer and nothing more, but Froch definitely didn't surpass him as a fighter (yet). I must say that the wins against Jeff Lacy and Bernard Hopkins were impressive.

Comment

Calzaghe is a true great, no doubt about it. Froch is gonna surpass him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                  I mean 7 is reasonable because a top 100 ATG the lowest I'd give them is an 8 and I don't think Calzaghe is top 100. But is at least a 7.

Hopkins was an A level win would be an A+ if Hopkins was young though because speed killed him.

Jeff Lacey was a C win would be a B if he did more but since he hasn't done ***** a C because EVERYBODY thought he would win and thought he was the next big thing in boxing.

Kessler is a B level win. Reid & Eubanks are C level wins, Manfredo a D+. I mean it isn't nothing special. I think it's a 6 or 7 at the least. Because a full 10 is obviously an A+ level. 9.5 an A. 9 B+, 8.5 a B, 8 a B. 7.5 a C+. 7 a C, 6.5 a D+, 6 a D, ect. ect.

He ain't nothing impressive but he's a little bit above average.
                  Manfredo is the weakest opponent he had in years why even mention that one, I think because he is american and on a tv show someone is overrating. Bika and Veit were a class above that bum, beating Manfredo aint getting no points

Comment

Against Lacy Calzaghe showcased boxing genius that I have only seen in one other Super-Middleweight (RJJ) Yes Lacy was overrated but he was hardly a bum. If you watched Calzaghe-Lacy and Calzaghe-Kessler and wasn't impressed with Joe's skills then there's nothing I can write to convince you cos it seemed pretty self-evident to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                      Against Lacy Calzaghe showcased boxing genius that I have only seen in one other Super-Middleweight (RJJ) Yes Lacy was overrated but he was hardly a bum. If you watched Calzaghe-Lacy and Calzaghe-Kessler and wasn't impressed with Joe's skills then there's nothing I can write to convince you cos it seemed pretty self-evident to me.
                      He really did slap the ***** outta Lacy!

He fought the fight of his life that night but it would have been even more impressive if he had managed to KO Jeff after hitting him with over 2.5 million shots

He showed flaws against a solid Kessler but he showed one of his best qualitys too - adaptability. The guy was very good, u dont beat a Mikkel Kessler if ur not very good. However i really think he is Way over rated and is so shockingly amaturish at times like for example that gif that was going about of him windmilling and missing at Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                      X