No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Well Wlad Ownz, we all know what you REALLY mean is that in your eyes Frazier has the wrong pigmentation to win :jerk0ff9:

Poet
    Wrong!

Frazier could be as white as your pasty ass and I would still pick Marciano.

Stop being a coward and debate the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
      Frazier has more power? In what universe do you live in?

Marciano would drop Frazier multiple times and take this bout within 3 rounds, max. We need to remember that Frazier's chin looked terrible everytime he encountered a dynamite puncher and Marciano is among the biggest bangers in history.
      Who Foreman?

Styles make fights and Frazier while trying to get inside to Formean was bobbing and weaving Foreman had arguably the best power in Heavyweight history and it certainly doesn't help your case when your head is moving into the punch.

Styles my friend. Besides I hate when some people jump on the power bandwagon.

Power + Average Chin = KO for power.

That's not how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Who Foreman?

Styles make fights and Frazier while trying to get inside to Formean was bobbing and weaving Foreman had arguably the best power in Heavyweight history and it certainly doesn't help your case when your head is moving into the punch.

So what? What if Frazier bobs and weaves into Marciano's bombs? You make absolutely no sense with this post.

Styles my friend. Besides I hate when some people jump on the power bandwagon.
        And? Marciano doesn't have the style to KO Frazier? How? Because he bobs and weaves? LOL. How about expounding a little and stop stating obvious facts which don't support your stance.

Power + Average Chin = KO for power.

That's not how it works.

What? What exactly is your point, if you have any?

Marciano has the power to flatten Frazier with a single shot.

Comment

So what? What if Frazier bobs and weaves into Marciano's bombs? You make absolutely no sense with this post.

Foreman had big looping punches which caught Frazier when he was coming in, Marciano had more compact punches which would have much less effect on Frazier.
          And? Marciano doesn't have the style to KO Frazier? How? Because he bobs and weaves? LOL. How about expounding a little and stop stating obvious facts which don't support your stance.

No what I'm saying is, using what I'm saying above, that's the reason Frazier was destroyed so brutally by Foreman. Of course Marciano can KO Frazier I'm not ruling out that but, you've jumped to conlusions by simply stating. Frazier got destroyed by Foreman who was a good puncher therefore using formulas.
          Frazier + Good Puncher = Frazier gets KO'd

That doesn't always happen, Marciano has arguably the greatest power in HW histroy but, that didn't allow him to automatically stop fighters like Roland La Starza(I) and Charles(II). As it goes deeper than that.

What? What exactly is your point, if you have any?

My point is you can't just blidnly state as I've said above.
          Frazier + Great Puncher = Frazier gets KO'd.

Marciano has the power to flatten Frazier with a single shot.

I know that, doesn't mean it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Foreman had big looping punches which caught Frazier when he was coming in,
            So? there are more ways to drop Frazier than by using the exact same punch Foreman used. Your point seems to be that Frazier would only get dropped like a sac of crap by a Foremanesque type shot, which is absolute stupid and shows the limit of your boxing brain.

Marciano had more compact punches which would have much less effect on Frazier.
            Marciano could loop his punches as well. All you need to do, to know that is, actually watch a Marciano fight you dunce. Marciano had more variety in his arsenal than throwing short punches, he could get as wild as possible or as accurate and precise as need be.

No what I'm saying is, using what I'm saying above, that's the reason Frazier was destroyed so brutally by Foreman. Of course Marciano can KO Frazier I'm not ruling out that but, you've jumped to conlusions by simply stating. Frazier got destroyed by Foreman who was a good puncher therefore using formulas.
            Frazier + Good Puncher = Frazier gets KO'd

Ofcourse I would use that as an example because that is plain reality. That is what actually happened. Frazier got destroyed by a big puncher. What don't you understand about that?

That doesn't always happen, Marciano has arguably the greatest power in HW histroy but, that didn't allow him to automatically stop fighters like Roland La Starza(I) and Charles(II). As it goes deeper than that.
            The difference is that Charles and LaStarza boxed and moved, whereas Frazier doesn't take a step back.

Obviously, there is always a slim chance Marciano won't be able to finish his opponent, but in that case he beats his opponents to a pulp. Frazier doesn't have the ability to beat Marciano, nor will his chin allow him to walk throw his bombs. Frazier was a pressure fighter, through and through, an inside fighter who would need to take immense amount of punishment and shots to work on the inside, and there is no way he will be able to take those bombs, bobbing and weaving his way through Marciano's power.

My point is you can't just blidnly state as I've said above.
            Frazier + Great Puncher = Frazier gets KO'd.

Here's a suggestion, download a few Marciano fights, actually watch them, then come back here and talk boxing history. Kid. Alright La.
            Last edited by JAB5239; 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Marciano's defense is a little underrated he has more power than Joe, but Frazier has the better boxing skills, in a fight like this its gonna turn out to be a brawl and i dont see any way Frazier would have been able to win a brawl aganist Marciano who had just as a good a chin yet more power. Marciano ko 8

Comment

This would be a great fight but I'd be surprised if Frazier didn't take it by a wide decision (don't think there'd be a stoppage here) - ps guys with pics of wlad in their avatars need to be ignored in any discussion that involves a white man v a black man
                Last edited by Daddy T; 06-12-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                  This would be a great fight but I'd be surprised if Frazier didn't take it by a wide decision (don't think there'd be a stoppage here) - ps guys with pics of wlad in their avatars need to be ignored in any discussion that involves a white man v a black man
                  No way is it a wide decision, Marciano's work rate keeps any fight close, except the obvious ones.

Comment

Wrong!

Frazier could be as white as your pasty ass and I would still pick Marciano.

Stop being a coward and debate the facts.
                    You have a lot of nerve calling ANYONE a coward when you're hiding behind an alt.....Whatsamatter? Your regular account get banned again? :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X