No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
    Bet he kept Anne Boleyn's head for a week afterwards.

I would.
    It was probably the only head he ever got from her :geek9:

Poet

Comment

Its funny I havent played this one out in my head. I'd strangely enough go with Marciano. He could hit a ton and could take a good one too. I think in a 7 or eight round war that Rocky gets Joe out by Ref stoppage but not without visiting a doctor right after. Bloody and hard to watch at times but definitely Marciano in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

Ooooh Nice fight! Tough call too, i dont think there is much in it but we would have a GREAT GREAT Fight / War on our hands gentlemen!

If pushed id go for Frazier late but who the hell knows its just a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          15 Rounds at HW
          Advantage in....
          Power: Rock
          Speed: Joe
          Stamina: Equal?
          Combinations: ???
          Defense(blocking and head movement):???

Someone please help me decide for the ones with ??? In them.
          frazier has more power, more speed. Stamina goes to rocky. combinations, rocky I suppose. defense, Frazier.

winner = Frazier.

Comment

I see Joe winning this one. His quality of opp is much better, He's stronger and like Rocky but a size larger. Someone said Joe has a better defence tho and I don't buy that. rocky had a good defence and better than joe's.

I still see an early war with rocky being dropped in the first round and giving joe trouble but the fight being stopped after about 8 with rocky's nose hanging off. I don't think he fought anyone as powerful as Frazier. Both great fighters but for me joe has the edge here.

Comment

Originally posted by barfly12 View Post
              Frazier had a better left hook, tougher skin, and was faster. Marciano had a better right, better stamina, and never lost his power as the fight wore on. Very close, but Ali picked Marciano on this one, and I would too. Frazier was very open for the right, and that was Rocky's bread and butter. Bonavena put Frazier down twice with it in their first first. Both men had good chins with the edge slightly to Marciano. Marciano was a bit of a slow starter, but once he reached round three, look out. Joe was a very fast starter.
              Nice post. But I'll counter Bonavena putting Joe down with Archie dropping the Rock. And of the two (Bonavena in his prime vs a very old Moore), I'd bet high that Bonavena whacked harder at that time in their respective careers.

I'll take Frazier by late TKO (Ref or Rocky's cornermen call it off). Frazier would apply more pressure to Marciano then anyone else the Rock ever fought.
              That's the key right there. Most everybody that Marciano fought tried to outbox him. And he never faced someone who would apply the kind of heat that Frazier would apply to him.

This one has "slobber-knocker" written all over it. A really great, action packed fight with loads of "bombs away!" punches & probably a pint or so of blood. Maybe a tooth also. But it would have been a real war.

Comment

What a classic this would turn out to be. They could split a series evenly, no doubt. Frazier swelled where Marciano cut. Marciano bombed with the right, where Frazier swept with the left. Both started cold, finished hot, & gave everything in-between.

My best guess, & it is indeed no more than that, is that Marciano is a little more likely to floor Frazier than vice-versa, & perhaps a knockdown, whether Frazier is hurt or not, makes the difference on the cards. Something like 7-7-1, but a 10-8 round for Marciano somewhere seals a heart-breaker for Frazier. There would be a mild chance someones' skin doesn't hold up, but I see a distance fight more often than not.

Comment

1st post on boxingscene and its on 2 of my fav fighters

i think joe wins a decision because he is the all round better fighter , both will probably hit the canvas but joes's immense workrate sees him through in this one...9-6 in rounds

i dont think marciano ever fought a guy who could fight like frazier

tough tough fight but a classic

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    frazier has more power, more speed. Stamina goes to rocky. combinations, rocky I suppose. defense, Frazier.

winner = Frazier.
                    Frazier has more power? In what universe do you live in?

Marciano would drop Frazier multiple times and take this bout within 3 rounds, max. We need to remember that Frazier's chin looked terrible everytime he encountered a dynamite puncher and Marciano is among the biggest bangers in history.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
                      Frazier has more power? In what universe do you live in?

Marciano would drop Frazier multiple times and take this bout within 3 rounds, max. We need to remember that Frazier's chin looked terrible everytime he encountered a dynamite puncher and Marciano is among the biggest bangers in history.
                      Well Wlad Ownz, we all know what you REALLY mean is that in your eyes Frazier has the wrong pigmentation to win :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X