No announcement yet.

The Quirky facts thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    Julio Cesar Chavez had an abnormally thick skull.

Joe Grim supposedly had twice as thick of a skull as a normal man, and lost every fight but was never KOed despite fighting Jack Johnson, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Gans, and a number of other words class opponents.

Not true I'm afraid. He did win a few fights. Hell, he even managed to give Jack Blackburn a good fight.

He was KO'd by Johnson but, was saved by the bell. 10 minutes later he regained conciousness put his head through the ropes and as was his custom shouted.

"I'M JOE GRIM I FEAR NO MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Different reports varies, I've seen him listed as young as 7, a lot / most say 10 though so just went off that.

Jersey Joe Walcott fought Harold and Phil Johnson, Father and son.

Craig Bodzianowski fought a title bout with a fake leg.

Six Heads Lewis was ahead on scorecards against Dolton when he quit because he had to take a ****.
      Good stuff!

Comment

Different reports varies, I've seen him listed as young as 7, a lot / most say 10 though so just went off that.

Six Heads Lewis was ahead on scorecards against Dolton when he quit because he had to take a ****.
        And beat both.

Sadly.

Comment

The first Brothers to retain World titles on the same show were Rafael and Gabriel Ruelas in January 1995.

Both by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            The first Brothers to retain World titles on the same show were Rafael and Gabriel Ruelas in January 1995.

Both by stoppage.
            On the same note, kind off, the first brothers to have titles in the same weight class at the same time are Gaby and Orlando Canizales.

Comment

Saensak Muangsurin won the World Light Welterweight title in his Third Pro fight.

A feat I believe is a record.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post

Nicolino Locches corner would poorly cover him between rounds whilst he was smoking.

LOL!

sticking with the argentinian motif,
                oscar bonavena lived in whorehouses outside of reno nevada between certain bouts and short periods of his life
                he was shot and killed at a reno whorehouse with a high powered rifle

Comment

Was looking for a video of Mitch Green & ran across this old video of "10 Best Press Conference Brawls". If any of you never seen it, it's pretty entertaining, especially w/ Don King providing the intros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRBfZna8QlA&NR=1

Comment

Alexis Arguello once made Boza-Edwards **** himself with a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                      Alexis Arguello once made Boza-Edwards **** himself with a body shot.
                      lol!

that would be messy

Comment

Working...
                      X