No announcement yet.

Who was your first favorite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Scott, did you ever see Danny "Little red" Lopez live in LA during in his prime?
    Here is a great fight that I saw him in. Just as exciting as I remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvKJkeCcZQg

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Here is a great fight that I saw him in. Just as exciting as I remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvKJkeCcZQg
      Thanks for posting that Scott. How does a fighter that small hit that hard lol? Wow. And Lopez didn't seem to mind taking punches in order to land his bombs. If I didn't know who he was I would have thought the other fighter had the upper hand. But one punch turned the whole fight around.

Comment

Well the first fight I EVER watched was the Lewis-Tyson fight on black box.

And when Lennox knocked out Mike, I was hooked on boxing and became a fan of Lennox ever since.

Lennox was the reason why I won fights in Middle school.

Comment

Mike Tyson was the first boxer that really impressed me.

Comment

Hagler...........

Comment

Prince Naseem Hamed

Comment

Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Sven Ottke and Dariusz Michaelzewski .......true story

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    Now Marv if I remember correctly, you were pretty critical of Ali when I first jumped onto this forum, not to say you were a hater and you've mellowed out on him since. Is it one of those love-hate things? I had that with Jones, Hopkins, Tyson and Lewis.
                    When I first found boxing. Ali and Tyson were the only two I knew. I absolutely loved Ali and me wanting to find out about him is pretty much what got me into the History side of things. I then noticed "Thrilla in Manilla" was on T.V and I watched it.

I realised Ali was not such a great person and it was one of those instances when... I don't know how to describe it but, you sort of felt let down. I hated the way he treated Joe Frazier and at first I made many an excuse for him but, then I just came to the realization that he could no longer be my favourite fighter.

I was never a hater but, I get this dislike about him because, of the fact he once was my favourite fighter and he as a person was not what the hype made him out to be.

I still have a great respect for his abilities and don't let it cloud my judgement having him swapping from 1-2 on a HW list and 7-10 on a P4P list. Yet I admit I'm somwhat biased when it comes to his personal attributes.

He was my first favourite fighter and these days it's the man who he treated horribly.
                    Joe Frazier.

Comment

Joe Baksi, I await the rush of votes for Joe

Comment

Working...
                      X