No announcement yet.

Who was your first favorite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was your first favorite fighter?

For me it was Ali. I started reading about him when I was a kid. Then I started watching VHS and reading boxing magazines. His skills and persona fascinated me and I was hooked on boxing after that.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 03-10-2011, 10:59 PM.

believe it or not boxingscene but it was floyd mayweather..................

Comment

mike tyson
      chris eubank
      roy jones
      nigel benn

Comment

Its sort of both Ali and Mayweather, when I was very young I use to watch Ali with my dad and have been a fan since. Mayweather was the first I properly watched live (on tv) when I lived in the USA I watched him in his 130 days and have been a fan since, when I was in secondary school in the UK I was pretty much the only one who knew him leading up to the Hatton fight and I made some nice cash in bets with my friends.

Comment

Muhammad Ali

Comment

It has to be Ali for me, but I've since put many fighters ahead of him though I still admire him greatly. In the last 50 years or more I don't think any fighter has gotten more people into boxing than Ali. I would expext a massive influx of Tyson posts though. His impact cant be ignored either.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Muhammad Ali
              Now Marv if I remember correctly, you were pretty critical of Ali when I first jumped onto this forum, not to say you were a hater and you've mellowed out on him since. Is it one of those love-hate things? I had that with Jones, Hopkins, Tyson and Lewis.

Comment

Dwight Davison was the first to catch my eye. They used to televise Kronk Fight Night from Cobo Arena and Davison was the first that caught my eye when he smoked out some guy.

I used to love Hector Camacho fights before he ran into Rosario which changed his attitude in the ring forever. He was good. John Mugabi and ofcourse Tommy Hearns and Milton McCrory.

I always liked Colin Jones too, tough guy who had a tendancie to cut. I remember watching Colin and Donald Curry fighting where Jones had this huge gash acrossed the bridge of his nose and the ref stopped the bout. I'll never forget Colin with his head leaning against the corner pad just all out crying as the announcer stated that it was probably Colins last shot at a title.

The good ol' days.................Rockin'

Comment

Sonny Liston. He was all the rage when I first had my attention drawn to the sport (through my father & Uncle) & he seemed a fascinating image in the public eye.

Comment

Mike Tyson

Comment

Working...
                    X