Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Buster Douglas Really Beat Mike Tyson??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

douglass beat the crap out of douglass. if the count was shorter douglass still would have gotten up and BEAT HIM. this should not even be a thread.

Comment

Tyson beat himself

The argument can be made that Tyson was wronged, but at the same time, who is to say that Douglas wouldn't have gotten up before the 10-count if the referee had followed the timekeeper's count? The fact is Tyson was "officially" knocked out that night, while Douglas was not.

Tyson lost the fight because of personal reasons outside of boxing. I believe that the invincible aura the media had given him had made Iron Mike ****y and he didn't train for the Douglas fight as well as he should have. The big money fight was against Holyfield, so Tyson's camp did not think of Douglas as a threat. Just like Lennox Lewis with Hasim Rahman, Tyson didn't take the fight seriously and paid the ultimate price.

Comment

i agree. mike would have murdered buster had it not have been for his poor training.

Comment

^^ true true

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
            i agree. mike would have murdered buster had it not have been for his poor training.
            would you bet your life on it?

Comment

Originally posted by NextRocky
              would you bet your life on it?
              i would bet my life on it if he had rooney

Comment

Regardless of all the fiasko and bull **** about the long count... almost no heavyweight in the history of the division could've beaten Buster Douglas that night. The man was a machine who systematically picked apart Tyson and didn't take any of his ****. I love that fight because Douglas put on the fight of his life and looked masterful while doing so.

Comment

YES he DID lose the fight, get over it.

and spar me the excuses like mike didnt train....well so why the **** didnt he train thats no excuse.

and if he would have beaten him in shape why the hel didnt he reamcth douglas?

Comment

buster got a long count

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
                      i would bet my life on it if he had rooney
                      idiot......

Comment

Working...
                      X