Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Buster Douglas Really Beat Mike Tyson??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuzieQ49
    bottom line: george foreman was not good enough to beat a 1986-91 mike tyson. HE WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

- LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO LARRY HOLMES WHEN HE FOUGHT MIKE, IT WILL BE THE SAME WAY WITH FOREMAN EXCEPT WORSE BECAUSE FOREMAN WILL BE COMING IN AND THERES NO WAY A 1990S FOREMAN LASTS LONG COMING IN ON A PEAK MIKE TYSON
    You're being too simplistic. Styles make fights.... 'WELL LOOK WHAT FOREMAN DID TO NORTON AND FRAZIER, HE'LL DESTROY ALI' The logic doesn't work. Tysons a swarmer, Foreman a powerful slugger. Tyson would look at foreman in center-ring and **** himself, he would not have the mental capacity to beat a man that he truly feared.

Comment

he never faced the 2nd greatest heavyweight puncher of all time like he would with tyson

tyson was a lot more past his prime than holyfield was. and tyson defintley won at least 3 rounds.

tyson was 8 years past his prime, in comparison holyfield was just about 2-3 years past his prime.

- bruno was a scared jack rabbit who was pissing his pants the whole fight. he was nothing of an opponent. seldon was so scared he went down without being hit. u call this mike "showing his old form"??????????

NO FIGHTER WHO EVER CAME BACK FROM A 4 YEAR LAYOFF WAS EVER THE SAME AGAIN. look at joe louis, muhammad ali. u said it urself u thought ali was worse in the FOTC because of ring rust. well tyson leading up to the holyfield fight had fought just 8 rounds in the past 5 years and was coming off a 4 year layoff 91-95! tyson during those years had no boxing training whatsoever. tyson not only was mentally messed up, he was terribly ring rusty and was far past his peak . tyson was a earlier bloomer, and early bloomers usually are past there prime well before age 30.

- also, holy lost to michael moorer in 94. yet in 97 AFTER THE TYSON FIGHTS, holy dominated moorer knocking him out. in 99, holyfield fought 12 even rounds IN THE REMATCH with lennox. so how fast his prime can he be??

- if u watch holyfield-tyson I, holy clearly looks a lot closer to a prime holyfield than tyson does to himself. many reports claim holy fought the best fight of his career vs tyson.

ALSO, THAT WAS THE MIKE TYSON OF 96, NOT 1991 MIKE TYSON.

- dont forget thats the same holyfield who was nearly knocked out by journeyman late sub bert cooper.

- also dont forget a older, worse larry holmes fought 12 close competitive rounds with evander yet tyson knocked out a MUCH YOUNGER HOLMES OUT IN 4 EASY ROUNDS.

that tyson was A LOT WORSE THAN THE 1991 MIKE TYSON WHO WAS 5 YEARS YOUNGER AND WASNT COMING OFF A 4 YEAR LAYOFF!

- i also watched foreman lose to alex stewart and get lucky to win the decision. incidentley, tyson knocked out alex stewart in 1 easy round.

- george foreman could NOT EVEN KNOCK OUT alex stewart who is far less of a fighter than mike tyson and is far less durable than tyson. foreman couldnt even put him away yet hes going to put tyson away!

- foreman DID NOT HAVE HIS SAME POWER IN 91. razor ruddock was defintley a harder puncher than the 1990s george foreman.

- TYSON TOOK RAZOR RUDDOCKS BEST PUNCHES. RAZOR WAS A HARDER PUNCHER THAN THE 1990S FOREMAN.

- foremans jab was slow, and easy to avoid. foreman was STAGGERED BY KEN LAKUSTA, MICHAEL MOORER, EVANDER HOLYFIELD, AND OTHERS WHO WERE ALL far LESS PUNCHERS THAN TYSON.

- tyson has 100X FASTER HANDSPEED THAN FOREMAN, THREW FAR BETTER COMBINATIONS, MUCH BETTER ACCURACY, MORE POWER, SHORTER PUNCHES, i mean tyson will literally beat foreman to the punch the entire fight!

tyson will have already landed 5 devastating punches by the time foreman gets 1 in

- boneCLUTCHER held on for his dear life the entire fight, his goal was to survive not win.

- prime bonercusher smith was just as good as the 1990s foreman.

1990s foreman lost to shannon briggs, axel shulz, alex stewart, shutout by glass jaw morrison.

- 87 holmes was just as good as the 91 foreman. in fact, the 92 holmes who was 5 years older gave holy a closer fight than the 91 foreman.

- ruddock had too much power, speed, youthness for foreman, it would end up like the morrison fights. morrsion beat ruddock when ruddock was FAR PAST HIS PRIME

jsut remember...........

alex stewart beat george foreman- stewart was awful too

tyson KO 1 alex stewart

this would be a joke of a fight

tyson TKO 4 1990s foreman
      when people fight different things happen. it depends on the style they use. foreman had a harder time with holy than holmes did because holmes was a mover, foreman was not, and holy was able to outbox him. that doesn't mean if foreman fought homes then holmes would win. foreman has the right style to beat tyson. old foreman has a pretty good chance of winning. young foreman would kill him!

Comment

• Tyson is the 2nd greatest puncher of all time? So he must be better then Dempsey? Joe Louis? Earnie Shavers? etc. Are you SERIOUS?

Comment

what did foreman ever do?
          Your analogies are so twisted, biased, slanted, simplistic and subjective they're not even woth responding to individually.

How the **** was '87 Bonecrusher Smith as good as Foreman? Smith's record was 5-4 with 2 KO's in the last 3 years heading into the Tyson fight. After being stopped by Larry Holmes in '84 he lost to Tubbs, Witherspoon and Marvis Frazier (!) before fighting Tyson. Wow, 1 fight over .500 and 2 KO's in 9 fights and 3 years. What an animal. How long do you think Marvis Frazier would have lasted with a 1991 Foreman?

Foreman in contrast was 23-0 with 22 KO's in his comeback going into the Holyfield fight.

Tyson was past his prime at 22? That's ****ing hilarious. Name me one other fighter in history that was ever past his prime at 22? More ridiculous fabricated arguments from Tyson lovers who can't fathom how he got KO'd by Douglas.

Your whole Alex Stewart analogy can just as easily be applied to Holyfield vs Alex Stewart who went 12 rounds with Holy and stopped by Tyson in 1. Tyson was more durable than Alex Stewart? Not if you compare his fights with Holyfield. Holyfield couldn't floor or score a clean KO over Stewart like he did to Tyson.

Tyson is the most overrated, excuse laden, media saturated heavyweight champion of all time. More bull****.

Again, watch Holyfield vs Czyz. Czyz wasn't even a good middleweight who got his ass kicked by light hitting Mustafa Hamsho and had the **** kicked out of him by Prince Charles Williams yet Holyfield couldn't even hurt Czyz who fabricated an injury and quit in his corner. Holyfield was done when he kicked the **** out of Tyson and his ensuing record proves it. Tyson won three rounds? Are you counting the national anthem and the introductions as rounds? Tyson won one round at best. Ring ****zine had it scored 98-91 giving Tyson 2 rounds, while judge Frederico Vollmer gave Tyson no rounds.

NOBODY IN THE MEDIA WERE TALKING ABOUT TYSON LOOKING PAST HIS PRIME AND BEING FINISHED AS A FIGHTER IN 1996 UNTIL CONVENIENTLY AFTER HE LOST TO HOLYFIELD. More bull**** from Tyson fans who make excuses for every ****in loss this guy had. Tyson opened the betting odds on this fight as an 18-1 favourite. How far 'past his prime' was Tyson considered? Of the 48 sports writers polled all but Ron Borges picked Tyson to win. That's how bad Holyfield looked at this point in his career, and how dominant Tyson looked. Ring ****zine editor Steve Farhood had this to say AFTER the fight. "If you handed me a hundred bucks and I could make a wager right now after it had already happened and knowing the result, I still wouldn't bet on Holyfield." Sounds alot to me like the close to 34 year old, too many tough fights, Holyfield was the fighter considered farther past his prime than the 30 year old Tyson.

You call the Foreman-Tyson fight a joke? Ring ****zine featured the upcoming Foreman-Tyson clash on the front cover November 1990. It wasn't considered a joke then.

"Co-promoters Bob Arum and Don King hope that Tyson and Foreman will headline one more double header and then face each other with the winner to get a shot at the heavyweight title... The real fight, and the only fight in the heavyweight division that fans want to see, is Tyson-Foreman. It has become the most anticipated heavyweight matchup since Larry Holmes-Gerry Cooney in 1982"

..."Dundee who's worked in the opposite corners of both fighters doesn't see Tyson as an easy winner...."I definitely think that Foreman will beat Tyson. He'll knock him out."

So why didn't the fight take place? For the umpteenth time, BECAUSE TYSON WAS AFRAID TO FIGHT FOREMAN. This was a huge money fight that could have also happened in 1992 when Tyson was rated 2nd, Ruddock was rated 4th and Foreman 7th. Tyson would have made SUBSTANTIALLY MORE MONEY FIGHTING FOREMAN but instead chose to fight Ruddock. Why? BECAUSE TYSON WAS AFRAID TO FIGHT FOREMAN. If this fight would have been such an easy one for Tyson why didn't he take THE ONLY FIGHT IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION THAT FANS WANT TO SEE and collect SUBSTANTIALLY MORE MONEY FIGHTING FOREMAN than fighting Ruddock?

BECAUSE TYSON WAS AFRAID TO FIGHT FOREMAN.
          Last edited by smasher; 03-26-2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Ofcource you know don't you smasher? I mean you've worked with Tyson for years and he told you everything about him right? Get real.

Tyson being scared of Foreman cannot be proven, none of you knew Tyson personal so don't talk ****. That tommyhearns guy is a ****** ass ***** who loves talking **** about Tyson on the net.

Tyson KO3 Old ass Foreman. Horrible beating a la old Holmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaman
              Ofcource you know don't you smasher? I mean you've worked with Tyson for years and he told you everything about him right? Get real.

Tyson being scared of Foreman cannot be proven, none of you knew Tyson personal so don't talk ****. That tommyhearns guy is a ****** ass ***** who loves talking **** about Tyson on the net.

Tyson KO3 Old ass Foreman. Horrible beating a la old Holmes.
              Firstly the article was written by Frank Lotierzo NOT that tommyhearns guy. Lotierzo has been in the boxing media for years is a reputable and excellent boxing writer. I have spoken with Lotierzo personally and have spoken to him regarding this matter. Lotierzo was the writer of the article and was present when Bobby Goodman stated why Tyson didn't want to fight Foreman. HE WAS SCARED ****LESS.
              Last edited by smasher; 03-26-2006, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smasher
                Firstly the article was written by Frank Lotierzo NOT that tommyhearns guy. Lotierzo has been in the boxing media for years is a reputable and excellent boxing writer. I have spoken with Lotierzo personally and have spoken to him regarding this matter. Lotierzo was the writer of the article and was present when Bobby Goodman stated why Tyson didn't want to fight Foreman. HE WAS SCARED ****LESS.

Go ahead and believe that.

I'll change my mind about this fight when i hear Tyson saying he was scared of Foreman. Interview like Butterfly said

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaman
                  Go ahead and believe that.

I'll change my mind about this fight when i hear Tyson saying he was scared of Foreman. Interview like Butterfly said
                  Tyson was scheduled to fight Razor Ruddock when he was still champion. Tyson backed out of that fight after the contract was signed.

Tyson was scheduled to fight Holyfield in November 1991. The fight was signed and fight posters were advertised in Ring ****zine. Tyson backed out claiming a rib injury from doing sit-ups. The only reason Tyson fought him in '96 was because Holyfield was considered a shot fighter.

Tyson ducked Lennox Lewis by paying him step aside money so he wouldn't have to fight him.

Tyson never tried to secure a rematch with Buster Douglas.

TYSON WAS SCARED OF FOREMAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heckler
                    Tyson is the 2nd greatest puncher of all time? So he must be better then Dempsey? Joe Louis? Earnie Shavers? etc. Are you SERIOUS?
                    2nd greatest heavyweight puncher of all time, # 1 is joe louis.

of course hes a better puncher than shavers. tyson threw far better combinations, a lot more handspeed, much more accuracy, much better body attack, more snap on his punches, better finisher, threw shorter punches.

Comment

of course hes a better puncher than shavers. tyson threw far better combinations, a lot more handspeed, much more accuracy, much better body attack, more snap on his punches, better finisher, threw shorter punches.
                      Really? In 1985 (one year from entering his prime according to you) it took Tyson 3 rounds to KO Larry Sims. 2 fights later it took the 52 year old Shavers 1 Round to KO Sims!
                      Last edited by smasher; 03-26-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X