Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1993, was there a bigger fight than Lewis vs Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I have a link showing Lewis was not only the number 1 contender by the WBC, but also by The Ring. You like to say Lewis ducked Byrd and Ruiz, neither who were ever rated 1 by The Ring. Why does that logic pertain in one case but not the other?
    Ring ****zine is owned by GBP why do you think John Ruiz signed to fight for them

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Ring ****zine is owned by GBP why do you think John Ruiz signed to fight for them
      wait, what are you saying? Golden Boy has only owned the ring since late 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        wait, what are you saying? Golden Boy has only owned the ring since late 2007.
        yes that's right.. which is why Ruiz signed with them and got 2 world title fights

Comment

Not then, so whats your point? You're arguing against your own logic you've used many times in the past. When it comes to Lewis you clearly have an agenda my friend. You may say no, but we all see it.

Comment

yes that's right.. which is why Ruiz signed with them and got 2 world title fights

So are you now saying Ruiz wasn't worthy of the shot you claimed he should have gotten?

Comment

So are you now saying Ruiz wasn't worthy of the shot you claimed he should have gotten?
              in which year 2000 or 2009?

Comment

in which year 2000 or 2009?
                Either way. You're arguing Lewis wasn't worthy when he was not only ranked number 1 by the WBC, but by The Ring. How was Ruiz EVER worthy yet Lewis wasn't?

Comment

Either way. You're arguing Lewis wasn't worthy when he was not only ranked number 1 by the WBC, but by The Ring. How was Ruiz EVER worthy yet Lewis wasn't?
                  i have never said he was not worthy?????

Do you believe that the No1 contenders should be given a world title fight?

Comment

Im pretty sure Ruiz and Lewis were sparring partners anyway, at least around the time of the Johnson-Ruiz fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                      Im pretty sure Ruiz and Lewis were sparring partners anyway, at least around the time of the Johnson-Ruiz fight.
                      your correct, Lewis used Ruiz as a sparring partner back in 1994 in his build-up to the McCall I fight... i have said that for ages on this forum but been told i am telling lies and that Ruiz was never a sparring partner for Lewis, but hey!

Comment

Working...
                      X