Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of a chance would you give Marciano against Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very strange youre bringing up the Chuvalo fight, of all fights, to make a case for a Marciano win.

If anything I would bring up the Peralta or Lyle fights to make a case for Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      very strange youre bringing up the Chuvalo fight, of all fights, to make a case for a Marciano win.

If anything I would bring up the Peralta or Lyle fights to make a case for Marciano.

I'm not too sure why. They weren't his best outings, but against Peralta, he showed the ability to sustain a hard, fast attack for ten rounds without running out of steam, & against Lyle, his recuperative powers & fighting heart were on full display.

Comment

I'm a marciano fan, but there is just no way. We're talking about a giant vs 5'10 189 pound rocky.

I'd rather see marciano vs tyson or frazier. Both similair height and styles.

Comment

whos got the better skills?

marciano

whos got the better stamina?

marciano

whos got the better finishing punch?

marciano

whos got the better chin?

marciano

sure foreman would bully marciano around for a bit probly even knock him down once or twice but if he couldnt ko fraizer with as many clean shots as he got hes not koing marciano and theres no way in hell hes going to have the stamina to keep up with marciano in the later rounds. marciano wins by ko in the 7th.

Comment

There are two things that Marciano had in Spades that other Heavyweights don't:

1) The endurance of a marathon runner.
            2) The heart to get right back up (after getting knocked down) and performing even better than before he got decked.

So I believe Foreman would knock him down once or twice but he'd eventually have gotten so overwhelmed and fatigued by Marcianos never-ending activity, that it would eventually leave Foreman on the canvas (for good) in the mid-later rounds.

With lots and lots of love,

Suzie Q

Comment

unfair fight, rocky gets MURDERED

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                unfair fight, rocky gets MURDERED
                That was my first thought. Seeing the Chuvalo fight I think the Rocky has a chance -- still a big underdog -- but a chance. Chuvalo landed some good body shots (as Marciano would). Chuvalo stood flatfooted in front of Foreman with little to no head movement and Foreman still missed big on quite a few shots. He would miss much more often against Marciano. The only question is: could Rocky survive the early round onslaught. If he does he KOs Foreman in the later rounds.

One of Foreman's big assets would be the strength to wrestle Marciano to the ropes and to hold him, if the ref, as in the Chuvalo fight, prevented that Marciano's chances would go up to survive the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                  That was my first thought. Seeing the Chuvalo fight I think the Rocky has a chance -- still a big underdog -- but a chance. Chuvalo landed some good body shots (as Marciano would). Chuvalo stood flatfooted in front of Foreman with little to no head movement and Foreman still missed big on quite a few shots. He would miss much more often against Marciano. The only question is: could Rocky survive the early round onslaught. If he does he KOs Foreman in the later rounds.

One of Foreman's big assets would be the strength to wrestle Marciano to the ropes and to hold him, if the ref, as in the Chuvalo fight, prevented that Marciano's chances would go up to survive the early rounds.
                  Watch Foreman's first fight with Frazier closely. Notice that Foreman misses an absolute tonne of punches. It's lost in the awe & disbelief of the great Frazier being cast asunder, but it's there.

Notice also, that it didn't come near to preventing him from winning the fight, & handsomely.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                    Watch Foreman's first fight with Frazier closely. Notice that Foreman misses an absolute tonne of punches. It's lost in the awe & disbelief of the great Frazier being cast asunder, but it's there.

Notice also, that it didn't come near to preventing him from winning the fight, & handsomely.
                    LOL

That's so true! I'm not saying I would put money on Marciano over Foreman (I'm not). It's just that I've changed my opinion of the fight. At first when I read the topic I thought that Marciano didn't have a chance in hell. But now I think it comes down to one thing and one thing only - does Foreman KO Marciano in the first 6 rounds? If he doesn't and is getting tired, then I would raise Marciano's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      whos got the better skills?

marciano Even
                      whos got the better stamina? Yes
                      marciano

whos got the better finishing punch? No
                      marciano

whos got the better chin? No
                      marciano

sure foreman would bully marciano around for a bit probly even knock him down once or twice but if he couldnt ko fraizer with as many clean shots as he got hes not koing marciano and theres no way in hell hes going to have the stamina to keep up with marciano in the later rounds. marciano wins by ko in the 7th.

I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                      X