Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were there any true ambidextrous fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Mike could punch with both hands, true. But being ambidextrous means being able to fight out of both a southpaw and orthodox stance. I've never seen Tyson fight southpaw before.
    He was originally a southpw.

Comment

Hagler was a true ambidexterous fighter. But there are also numerous fighters who, although they never switched from southpaw to orthodox or vice versa, could hit just as hard with both hands, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Mike Tyson being some better examples.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that Liston was a converted southpaw but I've got a picture of him signing his signature with his right hand.
        May of been ambidextrous, only fought out of orthodox of course though.

Kid Gavilan seemed to fight pretty good out of southpaw as well, from what I've seen he was excellent at switching between the two.
        Last edited by NChristo; 12-23-2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          I think Cotto can write with both hands, if that's what you're asking.
          yep.. Cotto was the first one to come to my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            He was originally a southpw.

I've never heard this. That said, it doesn't make him ambidextrous and I still haven't seen him fight southpaw. Not trying to be argumentative, only stating what I know.

Comment

Nonito "the Filipino Flash" Donaire. I even thought he is a south paw

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I've never heard this. That said, it doesn't make him ambidextrous and I still haven't seen him fight southpaw. Not trying to be argumentative, only stating what I know.
                Yes but, he could have been made ambidextrous to a certain extent.
                Maybe I'm wrong and got mixed up, I'm looking for evidence at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X