Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were there any true ambidextrous fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were there any true ambidextrous fighters?

i don't mean just switch hitters who would switch from orthodox to southpaw mid round and switch back after a combination.

i was just watching videos of chiquita gonzalez and i gotta say he did more than just switch hit, there were portions in a fight in which he would literally stay as a south paw for rounds and rounds. any other fighters like this?

Originally posted by Mistadobalina View Post
    i don't mean just switch hitters who would switch from orthodox to southpaw mid round and switch back after a combination.

i was just watching videos of chiquita gonzalez and i gotta say he did more than just switch hit, there were portions in a fight in which he would literally stay as a south paw for rounds and rounds. any other fighters like this?
    Hagler could fight well as righty or lefty for rounds on end.

Comment

I think Cotto can write with both hands, if that's what you're asking.

Comment

Andre Dirrell fits that description right now.

Comment

Gotta be Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Junior Witter?
            Last edited by JAB5239; 12-23-2010, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Mike Tyson.

He could had as hard with both hands. This is highlighted by the fact he KO'd opponents almost on the dot 50/50 with left hand and right hands respectively.

Comment

Good choice, he was a Southpaw but, Cus(like my trainer) didn't like them so changed him.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
                  Mike Tyson.

He could had as hard with both hands. This is highlighted by the fact he KO'd opponents almost on the dot 50/50 with left hand and right hands respectively.
                  Mike could punch with both hands, true. But being ambidextrous means being able to fight out of both a southpaw and orthodox stance. I've never seen Tyson fight southpaw before.

Comment

I know I am a big Naseem Hamed fan but he would change his stance constantly through fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X